Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Restrictor plate?

bandit44

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Can somebody tell me if this is just bull#### or not. A friend said to me the other day while i was changeing the plugs and filters on my vp, why dont you take out the restrictor plate on the intake manifold? I gave him the look of " have you been drinking to much of your own bath water, or what? ". He told me at the back of the manifold where the curved piece bolts to the main assembley, theres a restrictor plate. If you take it out and bolt it back together it will go **** loads harder. Is he full of it ? or is he right ? Has anybody tryed it, or heard of it. :Thanks

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Dont bother, wont make it any better, only reason i took mine out is because 1 of the gaskets broke and no where was open,,,, just keep it in there lol, btw how much is a new gasket? (if anyone knows)

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
+1 for leaving it in...

padrickz, couple of bucks for a sheet of gasket paper & ball pein hammer, make your own ;) always handy when you got a few sheets lying around....

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I would take it out.... I took it out of my VN2. Not really a power increasing, but more responsive.

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just try it with it removed, and see what you think.If you think its better,leave it out,it wont hurt anything.The first VN's didnt have them,holden got some complaints about a rough idle and this was their fix,but it restricted the intake a tiny bit,some say to leave the bellmouth there,but cut the bellmouth so its open along the top of the plenum,this way it still covers the inlet runners to even out the distribution of incoming air going into them,but doesnt restrict it as much..Apparently the rough idle was caused by the rear cylinders getting more air,or better airflow than the front two,or something like that.