Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retainers (Teeth)

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
have fun, now chicks will be all over you, chicks dont dig guys over 18 with braces...

No... no they dont!!

haha from experience...

I too have recently got my braces off, and im 23! I have got a fixed retainer (a bit of wire glued on my bottom teeth) and a invisiline? one (the clear plastic mould) and pretty much wear it at night only, ment to wear 24/7, but hardly do...

When I put it back in of a night time, I can feel that my teeth have moved, cause it hurts a bit, but they seem to straighten up by the morning, im hoping anyway,

The only thing is it tasts like you're chewing on a coke bottle.. all plastic-y..

I might ask the dentist lady if its better to get the other type retainer, cause I too dont really want to stuff up my teeth, but its a pain in the ass taking it out every 10 mins, drinking, or smoking, or eating, lol... usually doing one of the above throughout the day!

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i had a steel bracket glued on behind 4 teeth (front and bottom). no idea what it's called but it sits flush and you don't even know it's there. bad news: orthodontist told me that i should keep them on until i'm 30...

i had a retainer for the top but never wore it. teeth have moved because the retainer doesn't fit, but they look straight in the mirror so i don't care.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
bunch of cheese graters!! haha i think most people are born with screwed up teeth. had a retainer to move my jaw forward as i looked like i was from the simpsons , then the braces waste of time really ended up going into a fight to protect a friend and copped one sweet , killed a tooth and made it move out

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
when i was around 12 i had a top plate which had the wire going around front of teeth to straighten them, then around 16 i had top and bottom plate to bring jaw into allignment with top teeth. what a nightware, i never wore mine during the day, never told the doc that :) and he was always happy with the progress lol havent had any further work for 10 years and im happy with my annual checkup/cleans :)