Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retard motor for NOS- HELP PLEASE

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
only issue with using the flex side is that it isnt an instant change there are many delays that just wouldnt be fast enough for the demand

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
who is the retarded one me or my motor?
My comment was just a joke and not directed at anyone other than those 1/2 asleep drivers one sees every morning on their way to work :p

But your motor may end up being "fully sick" though you dont want to be caught withthe nitrous bottle connected up when on public roads ;)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
only issue with using the flex side is that it isnt an instant change there are many delays that just wouldnt be fast enough for the demand
I guessed that the jump from one tale to the e85 table would be instant :(

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I guessed that the jump from one tale to the e85 table would be instant :(
as its fuel changing the ecu has to take into account the usage injected it uses at said condition like idling and as it transitions from petrol to ethanol also the volume between the flex sensor at tank in fuel rails to the injectors it has to use up first

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
as its fuel changing the ecu has to take into account the usage injected it uses at said condition like idling and as it transitions from petrol to ethanol also the volume between the flex sensor at tank in fuel rails to the injectors it has to use up first
It looks like all can be adjusted.

Another thing that can come into play is fuel trims, but the application in this case is N2O so just WOT matters. AS far I know negative fuel trims are not applied on open loop .

1625980089538.png

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
It looks like all can be adjusted.

Another thing that can come into play is fuel trims, but the application in this case is N2O so just WOT matters. AS far I know negative fuel trims are not applied on open loop .

View attachment 224132
yea im sure there are more tables that we cant see, but its still not a fast change for instant changes u need to look at timing retards and if ur using a -40c row might be able to use the OL fuel table (if richer then pe it should be used) for fueling at same time as iat retard

moveage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Assuming the retard wire outputs PWM the ideal management would be to patch directly into ECU socket for [cam phaser actual] and activate tune segment for VVT.
Caters for on-demand spark modifiers using own table to calibrate per load / RPM. I don’t think tuning WOT fuelling during PE under NO2 is an issue, I would defo go flex (e85).
Perhaps it would be cleaner with more control and tuning precision to instead have the ECU tune command the pump to spray. Fully tuned NO2 via [cam phaser commanded] ;)
I assume is SD and open loop and running dual wideband on board?

Last edited:

Ls80

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz SS 6ltr crewman
How much shot will you feed it?
Just tune it 2° back so it's always ready for nitrous.
2° n/a in the upper rpm ain't gonna be noticed on the street.

At the moment it's a 150 shot but can go up to 400.

I'd prefer to setup properly now so I can just change jetting later

Ls80

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz SS 6ltr crewman
Thinking outside the box for a moment, can’t E85 capable tables be added to L76 ECU where those E85 tables are modded to cater for the NOS timing needs when shooting NOS into a 98RON mixture? Then it should just be a matter of triggering the appropriate E85 table using whatever mechanism the Flexfuel sensor uses to indicate E85… Obviously using such would mean you’re no longer able to run alcohol based fuels as those modded tables won’t suit…
Sounds way above my knowledge.

Ls80

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz SS 6ltr crewman
Thanks for replying. I'm getting a LNC-2000 which will connect to window switch and plug between crank angle sensor from memory. It will still need to be programmed using IAT sensor but once done when nos is armed ignition will be automatically retarded.

Hopefully it goes to plan. I've held off on the finishing the nos for a while now cause of other upgrades, diff, suspension, brakes ect.