Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retrieving radio security code

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
yeah i figured that! Just thought i ask just to make sure since almost anything is crackable nowadays. I know some stereo shops do it without contacting holden or the manufacturer. Not sure how though.

Can look up the stored code on the headunit through the communication link.

Or for those that have no clue on that, try contacting: [email protected]
ask for holden blaupunkt pin, and just provide the serial number on the top of the unit. And donate say 5-10usd and you should be sweet.

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
Can look up the stored code on the headunit through the communication link.

Or for those that have no clue on that, try contacting: [email protected]
ask for holden blaupunkt pin, and just provide the serial number on the top of the unit. And donate say 5-10usd and you should be sweet.

just did that and got the code! Thanks!!!

Graziano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I just got a head unit from the wreckers but its password protected.

Is there a way to retrieve or erase the code number without having to go to the holden dealer??
Holden will charge me almost twice the price of the unit just for the security code.
They give it do you over-the-counter no charge that's what they told me two days ago

thomoKW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S S/C
Got a factory blaupunkt stereo from wreckers and got it working in my VY commodore using security code from a website. I know this an old thread, but there is where a google search led me when I was trying to figure it out, so will add the fix here. Did cost $15, but did work for the factory blaupunkt stereo without a vin number. Do need the serial number/sticker details from on top of the stereo. And it took them 2 goes. they sent me a code - did not work. Emailed them with photo of serial number sticker and they sent me a second number which worked.

Last edited by a moderator: