Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retro fitting cruise control on a VX Executive

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
amcroft said:
Just to add a bit more!!! The plug that fitts into the cruise module is a brown colour. And it should be located under the fuse box in the engine bay, windscreen end.... Hope this helps mate...
Pulled the **** apart, couldn't find anything.. I bolted in the cruise module and hooked the cable up to throttle body.. That was easy..

I looked for a plug/loom to fit into the cruise module. I even took off the bolts holding the fuses in places, lifted it up and nothing. I took out the battery and had a real good look around and could find f*ck all down there..

Pulled apart steering column and the VT Stalk won't plug into my VX, which is fair enough I guess. And easily fixed..

Are you guys sure the wiring is in place on a VX S2?

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Mmmmm.........

maybe the brand new genuine kit was a better buy as it also came with fitting instructions......:bang:

Not to mention the warranty on parts......:whistling

Good Luck with it Shounak....;)

amcroft

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
S2 bloody hell, like i said mine is a 2000 model vx and the wiring was taped up ready to go............. Sorry Shounak

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Hmm.. Not sure what I'll do next.. Might have another squizz tomorrow..

Cheers..

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
bringing back an old thread i know but just wondering if you did ever get this conversion done in the Series 2 VX? im going to be doing this in a series 1 vx in the next couple days and just interested to know how the series 1 is differnt to a series 2? i know series 2 has a vy indicator/cruise stalk but not sure whatelse.

cheers

dc-tfp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
hey. i did this in my series 2 vx a couple of weekends ago. the series one indicator stalk and the series 2 are different. i got mine out of a series one and now need to get an indicator.
everything else is the same.

Vx commo 02 brah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Commodore Executive s2
Pulled the **** apart, couldn't find anything.. I bolted in the cruise module and hooked the cable up to throttle body.. That was easy..

I looked for a plug/loom to fit into the cruise module. I even took off the bolts holding the fuses in places, lifted it up and nothing. I took out the battery and had a real good look around and could find f*ck all down there..

Pulled apart steering column and the VT Stalk won't plug into my VX, which is fair enough I guess. And easily fixed..

Are you guys sure the wiring is in place on a VX S2?
Pulled the fuse box off and nothing under there
Is there anywhere else it could be?

vtforme

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive series 2
I have but there is no existing harness
I'm thinking I need a patch harness but it's proving difficult to find a nos 92057293

nitro00000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH 5.7 Statesman
Mmmmm.........

maybe the brand new genuine kit was a better buy as it also came with fitting instructions......:bang:

Not to mention the warranty on parts......:whistling

Good Luck with it Shounak....;)
Do you have the instructions for the wiring patch harness? I need one please