Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retro fitting Cruise control!

the_duke

Reaction score
Hi

Wanting to install Cruise control into my series 3 Vs ute, getrag manual

What will i need to complete the instillation

I went to a wrecker today and they said that i can have a kit for $120 taken from a vs already. come with From memory TB bracket and cable, stalk, and i think it was a brake switch!

What i want to know is if get this kit, can i just plug/bolt install it in? or is more work needed than that?

Will there be a spot for it in my loom?

Thanks
Mitchell

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You will also need a clutch switch and the CC relay. To check if it will just plug straight in you'll need to check if the loom to accept all the bits are there - under the bonnet neat the passenger side strut tower there should be a multi-pin connector....near the existing brake switch there should be a spare 2 pin plug...same for clutch. Under the steering wheel where the fuses and relays are there should be space for a CC relay (a small one).
Where the blinker arm fits there should be a spare plug taped to the opposite side of the column to accept the extra lead from the blinker arm.
When I did mine I sourced most from Ebay.
Good luck.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I seriously considered fitting on the the AP50 units - they have good reports and are easy to fit but not as convenient to use as the factory job.....but in your case with no plugs for the factory setup it may be the way to go.
I've attached a link to a thread that I found helpful when doing mine - within the thread are other links that are very useful.
Hope you get it all together as I've found the CC to be pretty handy.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...93-1997/16403-need-help-cruise-control-2.html