Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retro Spec VK Calais

Retro_Class_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
im having a fair bit of difficulty fitting my new boot trim.... the screws that have come built into this new boot trim are compleltely different to the ones of my original boot trim... iv already compensated for that and drilled new holes for the new screws to fit into.. ( theres more screws on the new trim but smaller in size) trouble is the screws are made of plastic!!!! and the thread only goes half way up the screw so im being left wit a 2-3ml gap i have bought all new boot trim clips for the buttom and they work perfectly!!

Reason im writing all this just to get some advice from fellow VK/VL Calais owners on how they'v takled this issue if they'v bought a new boot trim simular to mine

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
im having a fair bit of difficulty fitting my new boot trim.... the screws that have come built into this new boot trim are compleltely different to the ones of my original boot trim... iv already compensated for that and drilled new holes for the new screws to fit into.. ( theres more screws on the new trim but smaller in size) trouble is the screws are made of plastic!!!! and the thread only goes half way up the screw so im being left wit a 2-3ml gap i have bought all new boot trim clips for the buttom and they work perfectly!!

Reason im writing all this just to get some advice from fellow VK/VL Calais owners on how they'v takled this issue if they'v bought a new boot trim simular to mine

yeh mines the same on one side i dont know why there made like that pretty **** design if you ask me

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Yeah, I have to agree with fuzzy.
Looks especially nice with the red stripes through it.
Where did you get the idea for stripes?

The red/orange stripes are factory.

I changed mine on my white/silver Calais to white, & NUFNSUS has silver stripes on Silver Calais.

I do still love the red/orange Calais stripes, but I also think the custom colour coding looks awesome

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
the red lines are sick they have them on vp ss's to and vp ss's are insane i love them so nice

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
very nice, classic look, white over silver in these is the nicest of them all I think. If you ever take the VH rims off, let me know.;)

Retro_Class_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Been busy preparing parts for the Engine Re-Assemble heres the result after a few days of tackling the Fuel Rail

Image747.jpg

Image754.jpg

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
The red/orange stripes are factory.

I changed mine on my white/silver Calais to white, & NUFNSUS has silver stripes on Silver Calais.

I do still love the red/orange Calais stripes, but I also think the custom colour coding looks awesome

Didn't know that but it's a cool idea.