Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

retune vr auto chip for t5 manual?

giffo2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr executive
can anyone on here retune my auto vr memcal so it can run a t5 manual gearbox and make it more performancy (for lack of a better word)
thnx

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Im just waiting on an adaptor for the VR memcal. If no one else gets back to you in the next few days,then send me a private message,I should have the adaptor by then,and we will go from there.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
whats the adaptor for?

Its to connect the memcal to the chip burner/reader so the memcal file/image can be uploaded to a computer,once its uploaded,the memcals chip is erased using ultra violet light so its blank again,and can be written to again,then the memcal image is opened in a program,here the different ECU parameters can be adjusted for better performance/fuel economy etc,then once the tune is done,its saved and then burned back to the blank chip on the memcal.Ive been doing VSV6 tunes for a while whicxh i test ion my own car and lately Ive had a few people ask about the VR's,but Ive had no VR car to test the memcals on until now,so Ive just ordered the VR memcal adaptor so I can start to do the VR's.

giffo2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr executive
ok saweet thts really good news, i have been trying to get onto greenfoam, delcowizzard and a few others but no response (i guess they are too busy).
so u can make my auto memcal work with my t5 box? can u also give a bit of a performance upgrade?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You will need a Manual ecu. Not tune.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
You will need a Manual ecu. Not tune.

True in a way, but not.

A genuine t5 manual ecu and wiring loom from a vr will work better and be less painful.
But the auto error codes can be turned off and the speed sensor and reverse switch rerouted to work with the t5