Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rev crazy

5ivespeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Manual
last night i was driving and the revs started jumping all over the place but the engine wasnt revving. the check engine light came on for a few seconds and the lights dim for like a quarter of a millisecond but they do it every few seconds. and the brake warning light came on. it was either the brake warning light or the brake tail light failure light but im pretty sure it was brakes. which is weird coz i got new front rotors and pads last week and the rear ones machined with new pads at the same time.

any info of what could be doing this. i think its prob electrical coz the rev meter is moving but the engine isnt changing.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

5ivespeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Manual
codes 12 and 24. just got a new alternator and wire to the regulator and regulator. new battery as well.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Check the Speed Sensor wiring on the gearbox. Code 24 is No vehicle Speed Sensor Signal.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Should be on the drivers side of the gearbox near where the gear stick is. Black roundish thing with 3 wires running into it.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
You won't get lean cruise and your idle wont be stable. It shouldn't make the revs jump around on the dash but if the speed sensor is shorting out then it may cause this.
Disconnect the battery for a minute then rev to 2k for 15 secs to help set idle and see if you get the code again.