Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Rev her in neutral and dump it into drive bro" - Is anyone that stupid?

AUFalcon

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR6 Falcon
isn't this how most VL owners do burnouts? No i kid i kid.....

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I had a guy some into work the other week telling me he thinks he's got problems with his trans, then a few mins later he tells me he's been revving it in neutral and smashing it into 1st haha.

I once hit reverse while driving in me bro's old VK. The pin in the shifter was missing, so u could slap it into any gear without lifting the button, and one night I was cruising along doin about 50k's and I went passed a mate so went to give him a rev, and hit reverse haha....was funny as! :thumbsup:

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hahahahaha...my mate used to give his pintara heaps of this...it was the best cruiser, half an exhaust, half cut rear springs and sometimes ran on three cylinders...and dont forget the black bonnet.

reverse to first on take off then neutral dumps at every pedestrian crossing afterwards...he lost his license for indicating left and right while doing a wog crawl haha...memories.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
HAHA this brings back memories. Mate with a 355 VQ stato was going into get the box replaced with a T350 so decieded to try a 'neutral slappy'...........tried it once, box gone.
Pretty funny seeing it on the limiter before getting dumped into drive only to go no where.

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
Ahhh reminds me of when i got my hands on my sisters ex bfs ford laser. I hit the limiter and dropped it in2 1st and nothing............... broke both cv joints clean off lol

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i used to know a guy WAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY back when i was a teenager with a falcon station wagon.... not too sure of the model (XB i think...) did a roll back in it...... threw it from reverse into drive at a fair rate of knots..... did a fantastic burnout!! :thumbsup: the gearbox lasted about 3 hours after that and snapped an input shaft i think. Can't remember now, but i know we had to walk a long way to get home.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
everyweekend in the VC bush basher, the grinding goes away when we turn the stereo up lol

that and the diff grinding... "LSD" by arse lol

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
all this actually reminds me of a thread a while i think it was on JC some lad decided it was a good idea to rev that skyline to 8500 and dump the clutch heh