Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto

hsv_r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 R8 SV
Dunno if mine is classified as an "early build"?? Came out of Elizabeth in Sept 13 and Clayton in Oct 13.
Had Mylink updated by dealership and I now have reversing lines.
My car goes in next month. Its a MY14 so here is hoping they upgrade like the did GenFSVR8

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
R8 went in for its 3,000km check and i just said to the service bloke ( clem ) at metro HSV in SA to do the software up grade so i got reverse guide lines

He chuckled and said no probs

Bing all done now but did write "bluetooth complaint" on the service doc

Still really cant work out why i want these lines now :/

daskarzine

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Cavais V
Hi - I checked in with Holden Customer Service and they have finally confirmed they can check if the upgrade is available via the radio number and that they can check that via the VIN number. They've checked mine and advise:

Firstly, we would like to apologize for providing you incorrect information pertaining to obtaining the radio part number for your vehicle (They told me I had to remove the radio to check the number).

Secondly, we have been provided the part number for your vehicle and according to our internal systems, we're pleased to advise that your car is eligible for receiving the software update that gives you reverse dynamic gridlines.

This means that to receive this software update, you will need to book your vehicle into a Holden dealership.

Good news!

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
since the update yes i got the maps but since then sometimes when i switch sources the cd ejects by itself, when bluetooth is connected and goes to ring it makes a funny ultra slow slow tempo noise like a devil is talking then speeds up and the ringing sound comes lol... and I also found that the gps was showing off the lines once or twice.
thinking about going back and changing to the old version

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
In my experience - The guidelines are not worth the trouble.

I am doing some more investigation to see if it is the newest iphone software at fault now or not however in my case since the car has been given the software update and I have the guidelines the connectivity issues with the phone by the bluetooth system are at-least 4 times worse than before and this is without messages coming in whilst the phones are connected as previously highlighted from GMH.

I have gone back to my local dealer and we are going through some of the GM white papers relating to the software compatibilities and hopefully we will work something out soon.

:( :( :( :(

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Email from Holden including their spelling errors (don't they even use spellcheck?)

Sent: Tuesday, 24 February 2015 11:27 AM
To:
Subject: SRNO:491914-174842188:Mylink Radio Software Update

Dear Mr ,

As per our discussion on the phone last week, I can advise you the lastest software update for your vehicle Mylink is as below:
Description: Mylink Radio Software Update
Vehicle Type: VF,WN
Ref Number TL2540-1411

I hope this assists you,

Kind Regards
Kaye
GM Holden
Ph: 1800 033 349

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
In my experience - The guidelines are not worth the trouble.

I am doing some more investigation to see if it is the newest iphone software at fault now or not however in my case since the car has been given the software update and I have the guidelines the connectivity issues with the phone by the bluetooth system are at-least 4 times worse than before and this is without messages coming in whilst the phones are connected as previously highlighted from GMH.

I have gone back to my local dealer and we are going through some of the GM white papers relating to the software compatibilities and hopefully we will work something out soon.

:( :( :( :(

maybe it's because of your experience they have stopped doing this part of the upgrade, at least that is what I am now being told..

Also the dealer I attended in person yesterday is now telling me that the DVD 4.0 is corrupted, are these updates done by DVD because they were telling they were downloading it:bang:

Last edited: