Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
I get messages through the mylink and no other dramas, so I'm to scared to push for the lines and knowing my luck something else will #### up

h1tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
I had the radio updated today and received the reverse pasking lines. And now text msgs show up on mylink screen too. All positives for me. Build date of my car 07/13

gnutzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Sportwagon SV6
I Have a 2013 SV6 Wagon.

The radio model part no is 23172709 and when I try the USB update, I get a list of all the upgrades available followed by "Hardware Not Comp".

I'll try to get the dealer to update next time I have it in...

matt202

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SV6 MY14 Commodore
so today send the car in for some recall work on the electric steering, when i got there i said there's a few "issues" with the Bluetooth dropping out, i have to take the car back tomorrow morning to get the new software and apparently it take 5 hours to install?

So soon see if I get the line's or not!

matt202

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SV6 MY14 Commodore
UPDATE....

Got the lines after the update, there alight there very thin and dull, think they need to be bright and bold

They curve when your turning the wheel aswell

11042164_1058831440812314_662242135_n.jpg
11042263_1058831390812319_1178741546_n.jpg

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Spent 6 hours at Hunter Holden Ryde NSW for this update during which time EPS rectification was carried out as well but my software wasn't updated despite them telling me it was and claiming they had to download again , I checked the software version afterwards, no change in version number and BT connection issues remain (iPhone 5) and no reverse grid-lines.

BLUETOOTH FEATURES NOT WORKING
CARRIED OUT SOFTWARE UPGRADE AS PER TL2544-1411
TESTED THE OPERATION ALL OK

Holden Customer Care have emailed me claiming that the previous Techline 2540-1411 (which I have had already carried out on the 16/12/14 by Heartland Holden) is the latest software update !! and includes the reverse dynamic grid-lines.

09GM Electrical - Base Tech(s): 1360 1707 Warranty
254101 - PLEASE CARRY OUT SOFTWARE UPDATE
CARRIED OUT TECHLINE TL2540-1411 SPS RADIO
SPS ALL OK

As per our discussion on the phone last week, I can advise you the lastest software update for your vehicle Mylink is as below:Description: Mylink Radio Software Update Vehicle Type: VF,WNRef Number TL2540-1411

This software update includes the new feature of Reverse dynamic gridlines. These can be turned off/on in the configuration menu in the radio by selecting Config/ Display Settings/ Rear camera options/Guide Lines
I hope this assists you,
Kind Regards
Kaye
GM Holden

Heartland Holden tell me a completely difference story on the 13/2/15!!

CHECK/REPORT GRID IN REVERSE
CHECKED AND FOUND UPGRADE AVAILABLE IN APRIL TO INCLUDE
REVERSE GRID IN REVERSE CAMERA.
ADVISED BY HOLDEN, APRIL AVAILABILITY

Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing ?? Unbelievable incompetence !!!!:bang::shooting::bop:

Last edited:

Budgie Smuggler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 Clubsport
Put my 2014 Calais V in for 15k service / power steering recall and requested upgrade to reverse camera software for guide-lines....got a phone call couple hrs later saying something to the effect...the guide-line software addition will cost you $125 to upgrade ...why?...because you reported no actual faults with the system. Anybody else had this?

So I'm assuming you need to tell them you are having some sort of mylink problem to get the update for nix.

Last edited:

JimB47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV V6
I just asked if they could upgrade for the guide lines on my CalaisV and it was done with no problems or charge

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
At my 9 month service I advised the dealer that the Mylink in my Calais was not pairing my Wife's iphone 5 every time she used the car. No questions asked. Upgrade noted on the service invoice. Connectivity has been solid AND we just happen to have the famed reverse grid lines.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Put my 2014 Calais V in for 15k service / power steering recall and requested upgrade to reverse camera software for guide-lines....got a phone call couple hrs later saying something to the effect...the guide-line software addition will cost you $125 to upgrade ...why?...because you reported no actual faults with the system. Anybody else had this?

So I'm assuming you need to tell them you are having some sort of mylink problem to get the update for nix.

Unless they lodge it as a warranty claim through Holden, the money paid for the tech to perform the software update comes out of their own pocket. Apparently it takes them 40-60 mins, so $125 is about right.