Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
From my experience it depends on your phone , iphone 4 and all was good.
Went to an iPhone 6 and it got worse , I came to the conclusion it's more Apple not working with the GM hardware than the other way around.

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
From my experience it depends on your phone , iphone 4 and all was good.
Went to an iPhone 6 and it got worse , I came to the conclusion it's more Apple not working with the GM hardware than the other way around.

My experience went the other way. I had a 5 which needed to be be re-synced every few days and since I've gone to a 6 it's never needed re-syncing. Had the software upgrade done last week (the guide lines are really good) and the phone now connects really quickly, call lists come up faster etc.

AWA80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V-Series
Hi RoganJosh,
I have a June, 2013 Calais V-Series like yours, so does that mean my radio will accept the the software for the gridlines or to they drill down to radio part numbers and so on?

I also have a July 2013, SV6 Ute with Sat Nav, I wonder if the software will work on that?
I'm from Melbourne and wonder if anyone down here has a good dealership with a service manager that knows his stuff Technical wise rather than the ones that try to avoid you?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Hi RoganJosh,
I have a June, 2013 Calais V-Series like yours, so does that mean my radio will accept the the software for the gridlines or to they drill down to radio part numbers and so on?

I also have a July 2013, SV6 Ute with Sat Nav, I wonder if the software will work on that?
I'm from Melbourne and wonder if anyone down here has a good dealership with a service manager that knows his stuff Technical wise rather than the ones that try to avoid you?

I think the trick is to not to mention that you just want the dynamic reverse camera gridlines but to indicate that you have bluetooth connectivity issues with "your" iPhone 5 i.e drops out and has to be re-paired frequently.

If you just say you want the gridlines then they will charge you a fee for doing so (someone mentioned $125 in this thread)

TIS2WEB is the update post 10 Nov 2014 as I previously posted.

I have posted photos of my previous MyLink Software version in this thread and my updated software versions after this update.

The MyLink is for all versions with SatNav to the best of my knowledge. You just need to go to your dealer and get the update and be mindful how you word your request. Otherwise you will be treated like a mushroom.

AWA80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V-Series
I checked my radio part number number using the create a log file and it is radio part number 92272567 was that the same as your radio and currently I have the 15.03 software?

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Have many ppl made up fake excuses to get the up date? Otherwise you have to pay for it?
I said I am having Bluetooth drop out issues ( only happened twice in 6 months) but I said it happens randomly

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I checked my radio part number number using the create a log file and it is radio part number 92272567 was that the same as your radio and currently I have the 15.03 software?

So you should attend your dealer to get the latest update for MyLink.

AWA80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V-Series
I am next week. The funny thing is I gave the Holden Customer Care an email with my VIN and radio part number and build date June 2013 and they said it won't give me guide lines but RoganJosh has the same month/year car and he has it.
Why are they telling stories. They have no idea.
One Holden dealer said you can only get the update under warantty and you can't request or even pay for it. What a joke!

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Got the new update with the lines ( kind of annoying) after I picked it up the CD player stop working? Went back showed them, they said you'll need a new my link system, got home and it's working again ( tried a few times with different CDs) no problem
Been told to keep an eye on it