Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
The camera gets very dirty easily and is greatly affected by water drops which can make near useless. A friend of mine has an Hyundai I30 and its rear camera is located behind the Hyundai badge which lifts up to expose the camera and this reduces it getting dirty or wet.

Just wondering if MY14 VF models will be able to get the lines for the camera as an software upgrade.

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Got my car serviced today and they loaded the latest software. I now have reversing lines. They even curve to reflect the projected path when you turn the steering shell while reversing

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Got my car serviced today and they loaded the latest software. I now have reversing lines. They even curve to reflect the projected path when you turn the steering shell while reversing

Sweet, is yours a '13 or a '14? Another bloke elsewhere said his dealership couldn't do the upgrade, wondering if the later builds have a different camera or module or something.

Neptunesblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have my car in for a service today and I have a 2014 SSV Redline. First think I asked was to upgrade my camera for the reverse grid lines. The service manager said it wasn't possible. Didn't thing anything of it. Now that I've seen this quote of it being done I randomly called 3 dealerships and asked the same. Not one said it was possible and Holden had no info on it.

So please tenpinrob tell me where you had you car serviced and Ill call them and ask for the same or discuss options.

Cheers

Brettv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
I just called Alan Mance Holden in West Footscray VIC. I asked about the gridline update, at first he was confused, but then checked with 'the guys' he said yes its true, and that it forms part of the Mylink update to address the iPhone / Bluetooth connection issue. He said if you want it done for free to describe your problem as an iphone bluetooth connection issue... which i did, booked in next Weds morning. Said it might take an hour or two...
Will let you know how i go.
-Brett

Last edited:

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got mine done at ralf dsilva Preston. Yes I did complain about my iPhone and mylink. Checked the invoice and they did a mylink upgrade.

wherediditland

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
That's good news tenpinrob. What is the issue with the iPhone so I can get the upgrade to? Also do you gain another other features or improvements with the new software.

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
This is good news to hear that there may be a upgrade available to other VF owners.

Has anyone gone through and looked in the settings of the mylink system to see if there are any version numbers or information that we can use to identify the software that has the guide lines (users with upgrade) and those who do not have the lines ?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Does it have to be related to an iPhone issue?
Mylink has a mind of its own so any upgrade would be worth trying.