Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
moving lines are a premium feature not available on cheap aftermarket systems as well.

many cheap aftermarket systems have active guidelines as long as the steering position is being sent over the can.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
many cheap aftermarket systems have active guidelines as long as the steering position is being sent over the can.

only ones i've seen don't (probably for the reason you listed), even some OEM systems only a few years old don't have it.

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Not as far as I know, but why would you want to do this? The moving lines are a useful guide when manoeuvring in tight spaces such as car parks (at least, in my VF1 Calais V).
Yes our two VFs have the reversing guidelines and they are fantastic. The VF1 CalaisV that I drive in between doesn’t have them and it does my head in when reversing..shouldn’t be that hard but for some reason I find it chalk & cheese..it’s what you get used to I guess.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yes our two VFs have the reversing guidelines and they are fantastic. The VF1 CalaisV that I drive in between doesn’t have them and it does my head in when reversing..shouldn’t be that hard but for some reason I find it chalk & cheese..it’s what you get used to I guess.
We reverse into the garage; if I line the first red line up with the skirting-board, it means the nose is just behind the garage door.
Without the lines I'd either be jumping in & out, or stopping & restarting & stopping, a helluva lot more. :)

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
We reverse into the garage; if I line the first red line up with the skirting-board, it means the nose is just behind the garage door.
Without the lines I'd either be jumping in & out, or stopping & restarting & stopping, a helluva lot more. :)
Same with the ute at the tip especially when backing up to a random mountain of green waste...pulled up in time more than once where otherwise the tailgate would have been speared by a branch poking out the pile.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good evening,
New to the VF world and have a quick question in relation to the active lines on the VF series II reversing camera.
Is there any way to turn off the active lines and simply have the fixed/static lines in view?
Apologies if this has already been covered.
Thank you
You’ve probably seen post #342 above?...not sure whether that option turns off all guide lines??..I didn’t realise such an option exists (not that I’d want to turn them off)..must have a look tomorrow..

Bromia11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series II
You’ve probably seen post #342 above?...not sure whether that option turns off all guide lines??..I didn’t realise such an option exists (not that I’d want to turn them off)..must have a look tomorrow..
Thanks mate, It appears this option just turns them off completely. I also have a Jeep that has both options and thought the VF SV6 would do the same. Appears I'm going to need to get the hang of it.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Updated the Mylink firmware this week on a 2013 my14 Caprice V and It went from NO Grid lines to Grid line when reversing

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Updated the Mylink firmware this week on a 2014 my14 Caprice V and It went from NO Grid lines to Grid line when reversing
Right!!!!
I rang up the Holden Dealer this morning and they told me there is no updated MAPS for the Caprice V (2013 MY14) after the Dealer requested them from Holden itself. Also she said I have the Latest that is available for my car. Now I dont understand this since our local Subdivision where we live has been there for 7 years and the 2015 VF SV6 Storm has it after I had the Maps updated 3 years ago. So what the Holden dealer is Telling me that the latest maps are not available even the maps for 2015 (the VF Storm has the new 7 year old subdivision) for the Caprice V. Something does not add up here

Last edited:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Right!!!!
I rang up the Holden Dealer this morning and they told me there is no updated MAPS for the Caprice V (2013 MY14) after the Dealer requested them from Holden itself. Also she said I have the Latest that is available for my car. Now I dont understand this since our local Subdivision where we live has been there for 7 years and the 2015 VF SV6 Storm has it after I had the Maps updated 3 years ago. So what the Holden dealer is Telling me that the latest maps are not available even the maps for 2015 (the VF Storm has the new 7 year old subdivision) for the Caprice V. Something does not add up here

That is just ridiculous. I don’t think that they are telling you the complete truth.