Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Guide Lines

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
On the topic of reversing/parking technology it would be awesome if this came out as an aftermarket kit that could be displayed onto the mylink screen.

The display on mylink is easy enough but the birds eye view needs some custom programming to splice the 4 camera images to form the view.

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/OVERVIEW/avm.html

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Welcome to the world of designed obsolescence and Holden not giving a **** :oops:

But, if you paid for a map update and it couldn’t be delivered, then you must get your money back in full.

Luckily ACL not only affords protection for the products we buy but the statutory warranty provisions also includes services which must be delivered in a professional manner..... that in essence could mean some Holden dealers shouldn’t trade :p

But have you manually compared the SV6 map firmware version to that in the Caprice? It could be that the dealer, via Holden, has simply checked the GM database against your vin and the database thinks you have the latest version... maybe the MyLink is a replacement unit with old firmware and maps, etc... it’s a second hand car after all so who knows.

Surely the dealer can determine what firmware and map versions are available for MyLink for the series 1 & 2 and the various model variants, SV6, caprice, etc... Then they can cross check against what’s in yours... probably too much effort and not enough reward so it gets put in the CGAS basket ;)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The HUD itself is pretty crap and those side camera placements will spoil the clean look of the car. But the views from those cameras is pretty close to the 360 view @stooge was talking about.

it does look similar but seems to only shows sides and rear in a tiled view.

the top down or "birds eye" view would be awesome as a kit and the the cameras would be installed into the bottom of the side mirrors so they would almost be invisible.

hammer71

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6Series 1
Hi long time lurker first post
I have read through this thread has anyone tried to upgrade their vf 1 evoke with reversing lines my car is a late 2014 model

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I thought the lines and stuff are just in a later firmware, so just an update at a dealer should sort it?
Correct. We bought a late-build MY14 new in 2015, and the MY15's had been released with the lines.
When we test-drove the car it had no lines, we bought it on the proviso they install the newer firmware; which they did, and we have lines. :)