Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Camera Install

Spiro1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SS Ve Ute
G'day guys looking for some quick help, Installing the interface harness and module for the reverse camera and nav that I finally had the chance to do, In the instructions which I've attached.

It's saying to connect my red wire from the harness to the yellow cable, In my picture I've taken It shows that a blue wire is connected to the yellow already, It seems to be from the aftermarket system.

Though its saying to solder the wires together would that mean I just strip back the yellow wire and attach it from there?

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• holden wiring.png
    holden wiring.png
    450.2 KB · Views: 257

Spiro1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SS Ve Ute
Here is my Wiring with the blue cable connected to it on the other end

Attachments

• holden wiring 3.jpg
    holden wiring 3.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 234

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Usually there is nothing plugged into that harness circled, (Pretty sure its there for extra lighter ports even though I have never seen a VE that actually uses it), the blue wire is highly likely aftermarket. Blue is usually the colour for Remote ON wire in aftermarket systems, do u have an aftermarket AMP or another device installed that did not come stock with the car?

That yellow wire is the AC (Power) so it gets 12v when the car is on. So you can still wire your RED wire to it. I wire all my after market devices (e.g Amplifiers to that)

There is a plastic piece you can buy from jaycar that actually lets your plug directly into that piece also. (Cant help what piece, i just took the car in and one of the jay car people helped decide which one)
Which means you would pull the blue wire out, and then attach your red and blue to the piece from jay car. Then its plug and play without worrying about messing with the actual car wiring.

Note: I always remove the negative from the battery when installing anything to do with power.

Last edited:

Spiro1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SS Ve Ute
Thanks a lot xplaya, I was guessing that was the case just wanted to confirm from someone else, jaycar is just around the corner from me so that will help.

Jack D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Here is my Wiring with the blue cable connected to it on the other end
I've quickly attempted to get this plug out. Is there a clip on top to push in to release??

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I recently posted a thread showing how I installed my reverse camera.

I only had to tap into the reverse in the rear lamp loom.
I used a CCD camera.
I ran the RCA as well as an extra trace wire as a just in case.

That plug yours is connected to in a dodgy fashion is for the cigarette lighter option which is a modified compartment under the stereo. I think they were standard in the US.

It’s an accessories power, earth and interior lighting power supply.

You can by a three pin plug to go in it if you want to use that for what ever reason.

I haven’t needed it all on mine.

Spiro1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SS Ve Ute
Sorry Jack D, mine was already loose from the aftermarket install of my sound system I couldn't tell you how it came out.

Jack D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Sorry Jack D, mine was already loose from the aftermarket install of my sound system I couldn't tell you how it came out.
Spiro1987,
All good and installed. Plugged red wire (your blue wire) to back of plug without having to take off. Used dentist mirror to determine which spade in rear of plug. Cheers.