Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse camera /monitor

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
Just wondering if any one here has installed a reverse camera and monitor,how much did it cost and did you install it your self.
Ive been looking around and some of the prices are outrageous,strathfield wanted $599 fitted and to buy and install your self they still wanted $399 thats $200 for a 1 hr job.Auto one had them for $349 or $499 installed , the same one you can buy on ebay for $235 delivered.:bang:

Dover1123

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ S Ute
I looked into this a while back.
Best bet I found was to buy a camera with IR LED's so you can see at night as well as day, then purchase a screen that will accept the AV leads...

If you're looking for mounts for the screen to keep it neat check out:
http://www.proclipusa.com
They have mounts for all Commy's, no holes clips onto the dash.
These guys:
http://www.kioskcommunications.com.au/
also do the same clips...

Other things to look at are possibly getting a touch screen, incase you ever want to use it for GPS etc...

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
Just an update on my reverse camera project,i ended up buying a kenwood monitor and ri camera off ebay at a good price all up it only cost just over
$220.00 so here's a couple of photoes of what i did .
And the reason is because i have a bad neck and can't turn my head around.

Attachments

• Picture 714.jpg
    Picture 714.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Picture 715.jpg
    Picture 715.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,217

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Hey guys i was thinking of getting a camera setup! I was thinkin about one of those JVC fold out DVD players and just hooking up an AUX camera. Yours looks good commodore2004 but does the screen get annoying up there all the time??

commodore2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz berlina
Hey guys i was thinking of getting a camera setup! I was thinkin about one of those JVC fold out DVD players and just hooking up an AUX camera. Yours looks good commodore2004 but does the screen get annoying up there all the time??

No the screen only activates when reverse is selected,and being tall i can see easily over the top of it no worse than a GPS.