Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse camera

muzz2005vzute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz commodore ute
My new stereo same with a reverse camera. I have a vz ute, where would I run the wire that goes to the camera, would I have to run it externally or is there a way to run it internally

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Internally, definitely!

I have one and they're great, especially if you can calibrate the range markings so you know exact distances.

Mine was professionally installed. Sorry, I can't offer specific advice for installation in ute.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Down the drivers side, near the seatbelt bolt is a grommet that leads into the cavity between the walls of the ute. Use a length of yellow tongue and then pull it through from the inspection plate closest to the rear of the cab in the tray. Expect to swear a lot.

muzz2005vzute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz commodore ute
Righto thanks, my ute has a tub liner so that's going to make things even more difficult

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
oh ****.

10char

Jack D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Righto thanks, my ute has a tub liner so that's going to make things even more difficult
I installed camera cable in ute with tub today using yellow tongue which took no time.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Did one on my Crewman. Hardest parts were getting it through the cab to outside because of the plastic panel on the outside of the cab.

Then getting the cable from the bumper to up into the back of the right rear light. That was hard.

Ran the RCA video cable and a trace wire from the back of the right rear light to the stereo. Where the cab meets the tray, the factory loom has a plug. I also put a join there incase the tray needs to come off or be moved back to get to the fuel tank. That way I don’t find myself cursing and swearing because I have to pull the whole lot through.

I added a pigtail loom onto the reverse wire and the earth from before the lamp assembly. I unpinned the plug and added the extra wire out with a new crimped connector and reinserted it into the plug. Then put a female (safer) two pin plug on the end.

I’d be using a CCD camera if you can. Better quality picture. I used a parkmate one. I got it from digoptions. I can bend it a bit to set its position.

It’s been a savior for us in the Crewman. I think an Aircraft carrier is easier to park when a Crewman hasn’t got a camera.

Jack D

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
All done and dusted with the install of ASL media reverse camera. Instructions, harnesses, wiring, and programmer all complete with no issues. Install, could obviously do in half the time 'if' next time around.