Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Parking Sensors

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Hey guys, somehow ive come across a reverse parking sensor wiring loom from a S1 VY Calais, got bored today and checked out the boot of my car and it plugs into some connection in the left part of my boot (my sv6 didnt come with reverse sensors), so the question is can i just plug this straight into my car and then plug it up to those 4 sensors that go on the boot (which i have also)... Or is it just not that simple as it is in most cases, has anyone had any experience with this ??

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If the loom has the beeper and module attached to it then it should just plug into the sensors and start beeping if you put your hand across one of the sensors.
Not sure where the beeper is in my car as I have not gone looking for it but appears to be somewhere in the rear parcel shelf.
Good luck could work out quite cheaply for you to have reverse sensors.

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Just tried that out, so i must be missing the module and beeper, might look around on ebay... Also rang up Holden and asked how much to install it, they reckon 3 hours @ $118 p/h, thats insane... I could probably DIY the holes in the bumper myself which was the main reason for the installation enquiry, but i doubt id do a decent job spacing them out

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Before you fit the sensors go and buy some painters masking tape (not just any masking tape as some will remove the paint).
The good one is blue from memory and is design to come away without removing the paint.
Anyway put a couple of strips of the tape around about the positions of the sensors and then meausre and mark your proper positions before drilling.
Its alot easier to mark the postion on the tape than on you bumper paint.

Adlikada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive Wagon
Did any VZ Exec Wagons come with reverse sensors? I put some after market ones in mine, but had a friend help me, who drilled the holes after we both marked them carefully, and now when you stand back from the car, the right hand side is higher than the left. I want to get a new bumper, with the sensors built in, so they are straight and look a million times better?

Otherwise I'll just get a new bumper and drill them straight, or re-program my brain to get over it.. lol

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Did any VZ Exec Wagons come with reverse sensors? I put some after market ones in mine, but had a friend help me, who drilled the holes after we both marked them carefully, and now when you stand back from the car, the right hand side is higher than the left. I want to get a new bumper, with the sensors built in, so they are straight and look a million times better?

Otherwise I'll just get a new bumper and drill them straight, or re-program my brain to get over it.. lol

Don't believe wagons had OEM sensors.

Perhaps try this product. No holes.