Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse parking sensors

shrapnel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V8 M6 TT
Guys, any recommendation for reverse parking sensors --brand/cost/quality/ease of DIY installation etc? Thanks :)

rowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Also anyone fitted these to a Ute? Is it possible?

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
im thinking about doing it as i seen a set for $25 would be little investment of money and time to save destroying my bumpers... id put em on the front aswell to save hitting the concrete blocks some car parks like to use

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I fitted them to my VX Commodore.. **** easy job.. I bought em for $70 on ebay, has a full LCD display on my rear view mirror.. Tells me how close on each side..

I remember once I was reversing at the back of KFC (work) and there were green crates that none of my mirrors or eyesight picked up.. They weren't stacked that high.. The sensors did..

It makes reverse parking and parallel a piece of piss.. I love em..

If you're wiring em up yourself, just PM me and I'll give ya a hand..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
rowen said:
Also anyone fitted these to a Ute? Is it possible?
To fit them on a ute would be harder.. You'd need to find a good place to mount the control unit and you'd need a good way to find a wire running from the rear bar to the inside of the ute..

But it can be done..

rowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Shounak said:
To fit them on a ute would be harder.. You'd need to find a good place to mount the control unit and you'd need a good way to find a wire running from the rear bar to the inside of the ute..

But it can be done..

Will holden fit them, for a price?

EDIT: To a ute that is.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
$449, fitted.. For Holden parking sensors.. No display, just chirping..

I got quoted $250 to install the parking sensors, plus it cost me $70..

If you wire the thing up yourself, you could probably just get an auto elec to do the wires from the back to the front.. Or hide them..

But the answer to your question is yes.. Holden would fit them.. They'd also charge you like crazy for it..

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
shrapnel said:
Guys, any recommendation for reverse parking sensors --brand/cost/quality/ease of DIY installation etc? Thanks :)
Have a look at the reverse parking sensors thread in the VY section. I included some photos of the aftermarket solution which I think would be ideal for the ute. I haven't seen them again in Ronis but at $90 I still think they are a steal and installation could not be easier.
Whilst the wires to the sensor cannot be cut or extended (there are very clear warnings in the instructions) the beeper wiring could be extended to run into the cabin. Possibly store the module under the tray (is that where the spare is kept?).

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I was talking to a holden dealer last weekend and he said there are 2 types, an after market type that only has 2 sensors and just does the back of the car.. Or the orignal Holden ones which have 4 sensors and does the back and sides.. He quoted me $695 to have the orignal holden ones fitted to an SV6..

shrapnel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V8 M6 TT
Marks-VY said:
Have a look at the reverse parking sensors thread in the VY section. I included some photos of the aftermarket solution which I think would be ideal for the ute. I haven't seen them again in Ronis but at $90 I still think they are a steal and installation could not be easier.
Whilst the wires to the sensor cannot be cut or extended (there are very clear warnings in the instructions) the beeper wiring could be extended to run into the cabin. Possibly store the module under the tray (is that where the spare is kept?).
Thanks for that, found it, simple & effective solution. Now I just gotta remember to search the threads before posting :)