Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reverse sensors

nousernameyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6
hey guys first time posting, i drive a black my9.5 sv6 which doesnt have sensors, and a few times ive gently nudged walls when reverse parking, no paint scratches yet, but dont want it to happen haha.
i was just wondering in regards to purchasing a reverse sensor kit, does it include a new bumper with the sensors, or do they just drill holes and fit it to the existing bumper?

and how much will the whole thing cost, (including fitting?)

cheers guys

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
You cant get either (new bumper or drill holes) they are very easy to do yourself (about $80 for a decent 4 point set + pressure pack of color matched color to your car) you probably looking at around under a grand from holden for the kit and bumper.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
You cant get either (new bumper or drill holes) they are very easy to do yourself (about $80 for a decent 4 point set + pressure pack of color matched color to your car) you probably looking at around under a grand from holden for the kit and bumper.

Do you mean spraying the aftermarket sensor? Wouldn't the paint screw up the sensitivity of the sensor? I'd imagine the factory kit is calibrated after paint. Could be way off... I didn't get them fitted - seen too many people back into things hard when the sensors fail! Lol. Although I would get them of I wanted a hard top - geez those things are high!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Dunno about the VE but my vz ss didn't have them so i bought a genuine kit from holden for $350 painted and fitted them with the help of a mate. Comes with a template so it's quite easy.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
any chance of getting a copy of the template from someone. I got after markets for the Mrs car. Thanks

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
All the sensors come unpainted, we send them to the panel shop for paint.

If you apply the paint too thick then yet it does affect the sensor.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
I picked up a Holden genuine kit from eBay for $100 and fitted it myself, took about 40 mins (had to drill 4 22mm holes in the bumper)

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I wouldn't buy a car without park sensors with all the stories you here about parents backing over their kids and the back of a VE is bad enough let alone with the spoiler, I read a reports saying from the top of the spoiler to the nearest visible point on the ground was 15Mtrs!
But I'd go with genuine just because they are made for your car and will have good installation instructions.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
^ i agree... but I would also add a camera too. this is my first car with a camera, and holy crap it allows you to see things behind the car you could never see just using mirrors. I would even hazzard a guess that the camera is even more helpful than the sensors!