Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reversing sensors

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
hi, my reversing sensors are emitting a continuous beep when reversing. was working the other day and now not so good. any ideas?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Nothing infront of the sensors like dirt or anything?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Check towbar wiring/plug if fitted.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I had a problem with mine doing the same thing, and a helpful member on here pointed out if they get too wet they can play up, and that was the problem.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
has dawned on me that the tow ball tongue is affecting the sensors, is there something that tells the car that it has one on?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Often times a towball shouldn't affect them. But it can. Some can be programmed to ignore it, some can't.

A VERY common fault I see is water getting into the sensors. Not a great deal you can do either. You may be able to pop them out and hit them with a hairdryer. But it can happen again.

If in the event that this not the problem, then it's usually only one that has failed. The control module will be located in the boot somewhere and just needs you to unplug each individually until you find the culprit. The system will work just fine without it. Some will give you a quick error chirp to alert you if one is unplugged and the continue working.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
cheers, thanks for the helpfull info

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
No problemo mate.

Squidgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ute
Often times a towball shouldn't affect them. But it can. Some can be programmed to ignore it, some can't.

A VERY common fault I see is water getting into the sensors. Not a great deal you can do either. You may be able to pop them out and hit them with a hairdryer. But it can happen again.

If in the event that this not the problem, then it's usually only one that has failed. The control module will be located in the boot somewhere and just needs you to unplug each individually until you find the culprit. The system will work just fine without it. Some will give you a quick error chirp to alert you if one is unplugged and the continue working.

hey mate, this control module, are they all labelled the same? because i found one in my S2 VE UTE labelled as "blinker indicator" or something like that, i thought it would be the blinker system but after reading what you have written could it be connect to the reversing sensors aswell?