Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Review on the plenum + manifold spacers

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I believe is should. You may get a better result with the charger as most results seem to be amplified with chargers.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i think i might have to buy one of these? altho would i stull notice any gain with the supercharger?

You sure will. The spacer/insulator is going to improve the low RPM torque and throttle response. I'd take a rough stab in the dark and say you probably spend the majority of your time driving in cruise mode, by that i mean low rpm and low throttle %ages. this is when the spacer/insulator is going to be doing it's thing. Of course, mash the loud peddle and let the blower do it's thing :D

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
What gains can be had by the plenum spacer? Can the 12mm manifold spacer+the 12mm plenum spacer fit on a VT V6 with a whiteline strut brace and the engine cover off?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
What gains can be had by the plenum spacer? Can the 12mm manifold spacer+the 12mm plenum spacer fit on a VT V6 with a whiteline strut brace and the engine cover off?

You should be able to measure the clearance from the top of plenum to the bottom on strut brace. You also need a few extra to allow when the engine torques over. Don't some of the braces have a kink back away from the plenum ?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
That may be a bit close. Get some one to rev the engine for you and see how close it gets.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Definately go teh Intake spacer, and if u got room, go the plenum spacer.