Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Revision side mirror

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Holden Commodore SS V8
Hi guys need to know how to repair a revision side passenger mirror that has been pushed back.
Do I go to a panel beater mechanic or Holden repairer.
I was coming through lights heard a whack i looked couldn’t find anything until today washed and polished the car and found the problem. The side mirror has moved from its fittings no cracked mirror.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi guys need to know how to repair a revision side passenger mirror that has been pushed back.
Do I go to a panel beater mechanic or Holden repairer.
I was coming through lights heard a whack i looked couldn’t find anything until today washed and polished the car and found the problem. The side mirror has moved from its fittings no cracked mirror.
Have you tried moving it back into position?
Any mechanic should be able to sort it out, even if it needs replacing.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I'll copy my post from the Fuel Injection Failure thead to this thread :cool:

Hey guys I have a problem with one of my side mirrors . I was driving in rain and heard a whack in traffic .
Looked couldn’t find anything and then washed polished my car and found the side mirror has come apart been pushed .back do I go to a panel beater to see if he can be put back . Or do I go to Holden and see if they can fix it . It is a passenger side mirror.
Go back to where it happened and see it the person you clipped is still sitting in pain or lying by the side of the road :eek:

Seriously, what did you hit? Any dints along the sie of the car? Blood stains? Bits of hain and brain matter?
Really, when you hear/feel a whack in traffic, you should always stop if you even casually think you may have hit something... else you may be in the poo :rolleyes:

As to the hardware itself, you do know the side mirrors can fold in (and were probably designed to contain auto folding hardware). Did the mirror front cover fall off in traffic and the mirror frame simly fold in towards the glass (as they are designed to do)? If so just pull the mirror frame out to unfold it and get another cover from Holden spares or a wrecker.

If anything is bend or broken, depending on what is bent or broken will dictate wheter part replacement is enough or panel work is required.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
This … it’s spring-loaded so that if it hits something it’ll snap backward, if it’s not damaged it might just click back into position.

‘Rear vision’, not ‘revision’, BTW … was confused for a bit, wondering if you had some sort of upgraded mirror or something. :)

Reactions: Lex

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any mechanic should be able to sort it out, even if it
This … it’s spring-loaded so that if it hits something it’ll snap backward, if it’s not damaged it might just click back into position.

‘Rear vision’, not ‘revision’, BTW … was confused for a bit, wondering if you had some sort of upgraded mirror or something. :)
I will take it to mechanic and see if it can be snapped back into place thank you.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The 'whack' that you heard may be the Aussie version of a current scam in the UK.

Drivers across the UK have been warned by police to look out for a wing mirror scam. The scam is currently happening in some parts of Wales where drivers are forced to hand over hundreds and even thousands of pounds.
Police are now worried that the scam could spread across the UK.
A driver of a Range Rover was reportedly hit by scammers in the Pensarn area of Conwy at the end of May.
The scam involves a person standing nearby an approaching vehicle and attempting to strike the wing mirror with some kind of an object.
This could be a stick or anything else that can cause damage to a car’s wing mirror.
The scammers then pressure the driver into believing that they struck the fraudster’s car.
They demand high payment for repairs on the spot.
A North Wales Police spokesperson warned: “The victim will be driving along and then hear a bang on the passenger side of their vehicle.
“A car will then follow behind, get them to pull over, and then claim that the victim just struck his driver’s door mirror and demand cash for repairs.

If you did hit a pedestrian, try not to leave legs lying on the road while you hide the rest of the body. ;)

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride

Actually it was a side passenger mirror. I think that is how you would actually describe it. Lol