Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Revs drop to slowly

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Hi ya all. As some may know by my previous posts ive just put a vs manual ute back on the road and for the most part im enjoying it. Heres a thing that bugs me though.... the revs drop to slowly. Not a big problem when im going but when i pull up at lights or wherever it takes a second or two(feels like a lifetime)to drop to about 1000rpm then another sec or two to drop to 850. Is this normal? Can i do anything to get it drop revs faster ? I feel embarrassed by it. Like a badly behaved child.haha. cheers. Richrever01.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sounds like the IAC is either gunked up or the throttle cable has dirt in it.

Try removing the throttle body and sensors and give it a good clean. Reassemble and see if that resolves it.

Maybe a new IAC is on the cards

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Yes ephect. Im a cheap bastard. I just fitted a new/refurbished mace body but then scimp on iac tps units but I did clean it up with some throttle cleaner keeping it inverted as best could and finished it off with a bit of rubbing(much like my women) The cable is definitely going to get some attention.
One last thing i did make an inquiry about a AIC and was told they had no listing. Do you know where i can get one new ? Much good ya.
Richrever01

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The throttle cable needs to have 10-15mm of slack - make sure you haven't tightened it too much.

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Ok blackvx i will give that a go. Im about to start a new thread as another problem has raised its ugly head.
Cheers Richrever.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Vacuum leak perhaps?

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Possibly but i sprayed startyabastard all around the usual spots and didnt find any.
Cheers Richrever