Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Revs jumping up randomly?

Tomis

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Holden Commodore VF SV6
Hey guys sorry if theres already a thread about this, im new here, anyways i've recently encountered a problem where my rpm will randomly jump and was hoping someone could tell me possible reasons this could be occuring, Thanks. (2013 Auto Holden Commodore VF SV6 series 1) Video attached below.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I think thats caused by the pharquad unit behind the wheel, it is an extremely perishable part which needs to be inspected a lot for defects in its logic board.

Get your local dealer to check it out and replace it if necessary.

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I think thats caused by the pharquad unit behind the wheel, it is an extremely perishable part which needs to be inspected a lot for defects in its logic board.

School holidays haven't started yet.....

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Yeah but the dealer is going to charge the crap out of you for an important part like that.

When this happens to my cars I've always found it easier to just remove the tachometer altogether and use the hole that's left to slide a packet of chips in so I can eat them while I'm driving.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
well that sucks, I hope you enjoy them when they do start.....
Yes in just over a week I will have the little darlings at home sitting on their computers for 2 weeks. Probably won't be great fun for my wife or me.
Not likely to be spending any time on this forum however. Kids don't get cars anymore.