Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rewinding KMS?

Ben0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-pac
Obviously they are playing by the law, and i don't expect them to break the law just because i'm a little annoyed. As you have said, it wasn't their fault as holden is the second party in this story. They were great that they even fixed this other mechanics mistakes for free.

tbh, i've gotten over it already. The car has more than "expected" kms for the age, so it just annoyed me at start it had even more.

But thankyou for your information and help.

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
In terms of winding back clusters? it can be done with an eprom flasher. providing you have the correct codes. very technical desoldering and re-soldering process though, + software and interface.

The legality of it is the issue. Very very illegal and a jail able offence with hefty fines.

Holden themselves can not wind back any cluster that has done more than 100kms. the dash simply locks the tech 2 out of the ability to calibrate it after that point.
before 100k's, the cluster can be set via a tech 2 to any km reading you wish.

the only solution is make your mechanic pay for a new cluster, have him write an affidavit signed by a justice of the peace, detailing what he did. take that to holden with the new
cluster and have them set the k's on the new cluster correctly.

I have also sent you a PM with more info

5000 isn't much. I would learn to live with it.