Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RH headlight hi beam not working

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
As title suggests my RH headlight HI-Beam wont work. Replacement headlight (new and old both wont work) replaced bulbs aswell still no luck.. I have checked the headlight connections they dont seem burnt or anything.. as with the fuses... does HI-Beam have there own separate fuse? as in is there lo-beam (rh/lh) and then hi beam (rh/lh) Everything else works cept the hi beam on the RH side..

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
There isn't a separate fuse for low/high beam, only separate fuses for left and right headlights. I suggest you check out the headlight connector to see if you have a loose wire. Can you confirm that you are using double filament bulbs as a replacement?

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
There isn't a separate fuse for low/high beam, only separate fuses for left and right headlights. I suggest you check out the headlight connector to see if you have a loose wire. Can you confirm that you are using double filament bulbs as a replacement?
i'll double check the connectors after work but ye i tried the bulb thats in the RH now on the LH and it worked so i know the bulbs are ok.

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Double checked connectors they all seem intact and fine... I did notice that if i "flash" my high beams only the LH hi beam comes on but not the RH but the lo beam light is still on. If i turn my HI beams on then the whole RH headlight goes out.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Well, it all seems to point to a problem with your high beam wiring or the globe. Partial wiring diagram below. If the high bean relay was faulty it should affect the high beams on both headlights. If the RH headlamp fuse (F29) was faulty, you should have no low or high beam on the RH headlight.

upload_2017-5-31_18-47-37.png

Last edited:

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Well, it all seems to point to a problem with your high beam wiring or the globe. Partial wiring diagram below. If the high bean relay was faulty it should affect the high beams on both headlights. If the RH headlamp fuse (F29) was faulty, you should have no low or high beam on the RH headlight.

View attachment 192362
Annoying as.. might have to take it to an auto elec... Looking at the wiring it all looks fine to me (physically) don't have a tester to check volts...

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Would the plug that goes into
The globe be the problem if it looks abit burnt brown on the plastic connection

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Would the plug that goes into
The globe be the problem if it looks abit burnt brown on the plastic connection