Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rice Question...

CommodoreChick

Resident Female Bevan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK
Depending how harsh you are, you could classify any jap car as rice, but even I'd say there is exceptions.
I mean you can't ignore the fact that an Evo is one of the fastest cars around and would probably out-do a lot of commodores.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
The definition of 'Rice' in a derogatory context is the modifying of a vehicle with little or no intention of performance. A ricer merely want's his car to look and sound fast, with spoilers, performance stickers, chrome accessories and the like.

In a less derogatory context 'Rice' is a common reference to vehicles manufactured in Japan, with 'rice' once being their main export before unsurpassed dominance of the electronics and automotive industries.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My definition of rice racers, are the ones with giant spoilers, neon lights, brand logo's all over the windows/body and huge muffler pipes, driven by stupid kids whose main goal is to be out in front of everybody else.

I don't have a problem with Evo's and Wrex's etc, just don't like ones that have **** hanging off them everywhere.

D

dumpd6

true if you think about it dont think you can get a rice wrx because about 80-90% or maybe more of riced up cars come from little pretty boys who can only aford excels etc and spend all there money at super cheap

and more than likley if you can aford a wrx you can aford to spend the cash on a wrx and even if it had big sti stickers all over it more than likley it is one or its going to go just as hard as one and i think if you can aford a wrx i dont think you would even bother shopping at super cheap..

T

Tatts

it is a nissan aint it ....the engine i mean ... but the rest of the vehicle isnt japanese... maybe i should have rephrased my earlier statement
if its made in japan or asia its a RICER .....END OF STORY

if vehicle is manufactured in japan or asia its a ricer

V

VPower

it depends on your own way of looking @ it.

the good rice:
a nice jap car (WRX, EVO, RX7) with good performance and some 'look' aspects about it (bigger turbo, FMIc, worked engine, BOV etc....)

BAD RICE :mad:
civic/excel/accord/GLI Lancer
that cruise with HUGE zorst tips (that sound like a low mellow wet fart!)
oversized wings
chromed everything
altezzas (<--fUGLY!!!)
bright fluro paint jobs
sunbright neons
overrated bodykits
loud as stereos
no performance :rolleyes:

for some rice picture jokes:
RICE JOKES

The1985divo

Reaction score