Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ricers and fart pipes

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Fart pipes on the back of these rice cars are annoying me lately because not only is it bloody annoying hearing the cars race around the street, but the damn **** boxes set my alarm off.

Is the max legal noise level something like 90dB? There is one WRX that has a big fat fart muffler on the back that is incredibly loud. The loudest I have heard, it's rediculous. Surely these damn things are illegal? Everyone seems to have them stuck on the back of their cars even though most of them are gutless cars. Does anyone here have mates that have had a canary from the cops for noise pollution?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I've had a mate FINED for noise pollution, but not defected. He was revving his car.

To be defected it has to be over 90db when STATIONARY (or at idle) according to SA law atleast, but alot of these fart cannons go over that anyway... But they dont seem to attract the defects our commodores do...

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Damn. At idle? So they can be vibrating the crap out of your windows on the house whilst in motion and it's acceptable?

Thanks for the info.

GLD-086

Reaction score
I f***ing hate POS cars with exhausts louder, then some V8s.

My mate had an Auto N/A VL with an the exhaust was far too loud for it and made it sound like absolute ****.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
I got a 4" Canon and it looks & sounds nice on My N13 pulsar,with hotdog inlcuded,sounds quite good for a 4 Banger and it when i want the real power ill just bring out the SS out the shed :)

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
lol 3,000rpm down here in vic at 90db at i think a 1980+ model car

and lol i refer to them as watermelon launchers

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Ahhh. V8's. They can be excused entirely. The sound of a true V8 no matter the sound level is alright. After all, they are V8's.

I'm talking about tiny little weeny **** box 1.8 litre cars with massive fart pipes on the back which are about 1/4 the size of their motor or more.

/end rant.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
smokey_dj said:
lol 3,000rpm down here in vic at 90db at i think a 1980+ model car

and lol i refer to them as watermelon launchers

Its 86 and on basicly any car wif a cat is 90 and pre 86 is 95 i think i got done in mildura in my 308 hq tunner it went 106 db and to get the canary off i had to go to swan hill 2 hours up the road as that was the closest recignised epa station i was lucky enough not to get the $500 fines they were handing out with the canerys on the nite. :)