Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Richie's VT Exec - VX SS Kitted - A tidy 6 banger

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec

skinnaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina
hahahaha, he should keep it and get his interior retrimmed in red leather!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Ahh, looking shiney as always!! You know I love shiney things! :p
And agree'd that the other fella (on S/C) should keep his car, lol, (if I'm on the same page?! :))
A nice family car/weekend cruiser/long trips etc, plus you can look good while doing it!

Looking at my old photo's when my car was shiney, makes me :( lol..
Just need to decide on a colour... :smoking:

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
hahahaha, he should keep it and get his interior retrimmed in red leather!

mmm good idea skinnaa

Ahh, looking shiney as always!! You know I love shiney things! :p
And agree'd that the other fella (on S/C) should keep his car, lol, (if I'm on the same page?! :))
A nice family car/weekend cruiser/long trips etc, plus you can look good while doing it!

Looking at my old photo's when my car was shiney, makes me :( lol..
Just need to decide on a colour... :smoking:

Shiny is good! like you said its a decent family car.... rides nice, not to bumpy etc etc

-------------

Attacked my spare door trims yesterday, who'd have thought the VT/VZ door trims would have so many stupid screws and 1 way nuts.... so basically took what I wanted off them... speaker grills, aircon vents and most importantly the cloth piece and attacked that with black vinyl dye - Just waiting to see how they turn out once dry!

Before
DSCF5043.jpg

After
DSCF5044.jpg

DSCF5045.jpg

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec

Yeah Mr. Clubsport and I taking the piss out of skinnaa (whos a regular on SC and newbie to JC)

Skinnaa - You got a thread on here yet?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dam, those inserts came up looking sweet as! Is it all black - so you can't see the pattern of the material?

And, gotcha now, I thought you guys were talking about you, but on S/C. :embarrass Whoops!

With your headlining, I scored one from the wreckers out of a VZ for around $80/$100, (with the light in the front/not the middle) might be worth checking out down your way for one. Instead of re-glueing your old one?!! :beer chug:

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Door trims seem to have just gone black - no pattern, I'll have a look this arvo and see how they turned out when fully dry.. If I comes out crap I'll just rip the material off and re-do them in suade..

Yeah spoke to Oscar from Oz Car Parts who said I could get one for $100 including the light.... I'll sort it once I've got some spare cash.

Is it a same wiring for newer model headlining?

Mr_Clubsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Door trims seem to have just gone black - no pattern, I'll have a look this arvo and see how they turned out when fully dry.. If I comes out crap I'll just rip the material off and re-do them in suade..

Yeah spoke to Oscar from Oz Car Parts who said I could get one for $100 including the light.... I'll sort it once I've got some spare cash.

Is it a same wiring for newer model headlining?

Hopefully they come up sweet, they look solid black in the pics,

I rekon do it! lol, :beer chug: Fix up the saggin roof lining, and its a little mod to customise your car even more, lol.

When I did it to the VY, I got the roof harness out of the VZ as well, and the bit that goes down the B pillar and connects into the main loom under the plastic sill panel. It was all just 'plug n play' I was stoked,

That gives you the front light, and the two little rear courtesy lights (that mount near the rear grab handles) If you want the calais sunvisors - with lights in them also its just a matter of tapping into the harness at the main light - PaulSV6 has done that when he did his Calais roof conv.

But I've seen a How to thread on here, describing how to hook it up to your original VT harness (I think?) But I'm sure if Greg has some time, he could get it sorted. :)