Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ride Height STD Clubsport

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Hi All.
Can anyone tell me the Standard Ride Height for a VY HSV SERIES 2 Sedan. I have a Series 2 Clubsport and want to change the springs mine have gone saggy (mechanic can compress front springs with his hands).
According to King Springs only springs to suit are the KHF47HHD (Extra Heavy Duty) for front and KHRL46HD in the back, they said it will lower it 330mm from factory. I have had a look and it has no tag Number or anything on the Yellow ones up front. Rear springs are Red ones also with no tag id. I have recently put in 4 new lowered shocks as it is already low to suit all lowerd applications. I have not measured the ride height at the moment. Sitting on Factory 18's. Has anybody got any measurements on different ride heights, STD, FE2, LOW, SUPER LOW and ULTRA LOW? I want it to sit evenly all round. It must have a camber kit in the back as the camber looks straight and wheels are evenly placed on the road.

Thanks.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
As far as I've read into it the HSV suspension is FE2 height +/-5-10mm depending on options and weight of said car.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Go through the my ride section and take a look at what springs people have and how their car is sitting in the photos. You could compare this to your car.

My wagon has FE2 and I'd never go lower, I have a driveway that I like using and I load the wagon heavily and tow a fair bit. Although I'd love to see the rear sit a tiny bit lower than FE2 I'm not doing it. My front bar scrapes on stuff all the time and has been caught on wheel stops once or twice. Keep in mind the lower you go the bumpier it gets.

PS. 330mm is a foot, your car would be underground, probably more like 30mm.