Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ride height

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
gday fellas....i dunno if its just my car or what... but the rear wheels have always sat higher...looks crappy as....even before i lowered it. ive got lovells superlows all round so i dont understand why its still sitting like this...

P040409_1230.jpg

any ideas??

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Yeah that's why many get one size lower in the rear, to even it out.
As you said, in standard form they are higher in the rear, so springs will lower it but keep the same stance, and being a wagon they are probably Heavy Duty springs in the rear.

You have a few options, get lower springs, get current ones compressed, fit thinner spring insulators, maybe even try sedan springs depending on how low you want it.

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
well...i got the lowest lovells springs that were available.....soo i might have to chuck kings in the rear.....but is there any side effects of getting springs compressed or cut??

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
well...i got the lowest lovells springs that were available.....soo i might have to chuck kings in the rear.....but is there any side effects of getting springs compressed or cut??

yeah king ssl or sssl will drop it down a fair bit more, i don't have much experience cutting or compressing springs, there is plenty of threads already that talk about the ins and outs of both.

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
ahk...well which spring would be best to use instead of compressing and watnot.?
i think lovells superlows are a 50-65mm drop

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
ahk...well which spring would be best to use instead of compressing and watnot.?
i think lovells superlows are a 50-65mm drop

probably King Ultralows (ssl) to even it out, but it depends how low you want it, and if you want to remain legal.

Have a look through some "My Ride" threads on here or visit Streetwagons. com to get ideas