Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Right indicator comes on randomly

Cazsmiffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V
I took my Calais to the auto electricians yesterday to get them to fix this but because it is only happening randomly and of course not when they had the car they couldn't diagnose the problem.
My right indicator comes on randomly while driving. Some days it does it and some it doesn't. Usually when it is going to do it that morning, when I start the car the indicator will come on. (that happens without me touching the stalk)
I will be cruising on the freeway and not touch anything and it will come on, so I flick the stalk to the left slightly to turn it off then the left indicator will come on, I carefully turn that off and it goes back to the right. (people behind me must think I'm nuts)
SO because the sparkys couldn't diagnose, I think I am going to just start replacing parts myself lol
Do you think this sounds more like a flasher unit issue? Or a stalk issue? has anyone had this problem before? HELP :)

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
What he said :rolleyes:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
worn out stalk
never use that autoelec again

Cazsmiffy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V
worn out stalk
never use that autoelec again
They were useless! They used a quarter of a tank of fuel driving around waiting for it to do it. Then charged me $67 for half hour labour. Didn't quote me on replacing any parts even after I said "well lets just try replacing the stalk and see if it works"