Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Right indicator stuck on.

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Hey guys, i got a 1993 Vp commodore series 2 and the right indicator is stuck on. I have to unplug the battery to turn off the indicator. Also getting error 42: Open or short on EST or BYPASS line to ignition module.
I'm thinking its the BCM relay that **** itself, only problem is i cant find a replacement BCM. Does anyone know where i can get the relay for vp BCM?
If there is anyone in Adelaide that can fix this please drop me a message

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
my code 42 was somehow caused by using a bad/improper set of injectors. i bought a budget reco'd set off ebay, they ended up not even having any part numbers on them so i have no idea what application or engine they were designed for. replaced with confirmed right set and code 42 went away. most likely not your problem but thought id put it out there. ill link my thread below, i tested everything else might be some help.

also possible causes: EST circuit open or grounded. Bypass circuit open or grounded. Reference Ground circuit open or shorted to battery. A bad computer to engine circuit ground. A defective ignition module. A defective computer.If you are testing a vehicle for this code check the routing of the spark plug wires making sure they are not to close to the EST circuit(s) wiring. Check the connector terminals making sure they are not over-sized or oil contaminated. Check the entire wiring of the circuits for chaffing, short(s) ground.

starts from about page 3 http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...993/184199-vp-berlina-v6-drinking-fuel-3.html

also Code 42 - Electronic Spark Timing Circuit (EST)

and further trouble shooting http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/3.8L/ignition-module-and-crank-sensor-test-1

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Hey ryder thanks for your help.

Turns out error 42 was my crank angle sensor.
And the indicator getting stuck on was an after market alarm issue.

replaced CAS and removed the dodgey alarm setup from previous owner and good to go.

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 114