Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Right rear speaker not working

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Just found out from my son that his speaker doesn't work in his door (right rear) what next to go on this crap car. Has anyone else got any ideas why it's not working. Iam over this car, brought it brand new in 2010, since the warranty ran out, my bearings have gone, busted a door handle, drivers window stopped working. Whats next, worst car I've ever owned.

Also I just warped my front left rotor, now the whole car shakes like buggery under braking. Least than impressed comcidering they had the guts to make a doco "the million dollar baby" and boast about how this car is specifically designed to Australian roads and conditions. Blah as if, sorry for the rant but it seems as every day goes by it just brings another issue with this car. I would never buy a Holden ever again after this abismal effort. Sad part is, the wagons look sh17 hot, even stock. Sad sad state of affairs.

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Just found out from my son that his speaker doesn't work in his door (right rear) what next to go on this crap car. Has anyone else got any ideas why it's not working. Iam over this car, brought it brand new in 2010, since the warranty ran out, my bearings have gone, busted a door handle, drivers window stopped working. Whats next, worst car I've ever owned.

Also I just warped my front left rotor, now the whole car shakes like buggery under braking. Least than impressed comcidering they had the guts to make a doco "the million dollar baby" and boast about how this car is specifically designed to Australian roads and conditions. Blah as if, sorry for the rant but it seems as every day goes by it just brings another issue with this car. I would never buy a Holden ever again after this abismal effort. Sad part is, the wagons look sh17 hot, even stock. Sad sad state of affairs.

Even if still under warranty, I'd love to see you claim wheel bearings and disc rotors. That's a maintenance issue. Driver's window fair enough, but a "busted door handle" ?
How do you bust a door handle?

I mean, I can appreciate you want to have a whinge about the VE... but give me a break. Worst car you've ever owned?
The fact that you have a son who's old enough to drive a car, tells me you're old enough to have owned many cars in the past.
And the VE is the worst one? No chance mate.

Half the stuff you are whinging about is normal wear and tear on any car... and I'd hazard a guess that any of your previous 'better' cars in the past had those issues as well.
Electric windows occasionally stuff up. Happened on a previous car I've owned, but thats the nature of the beast. It only takes a loose plug or water logged actuator to seize and itll stop working. Not the end of the world.

And busted door handle? Cant help you there. No idea what part is busted and how it became that way.

Point is whilst entitled to a rant, you need to be realistic on what to expect from a car. A five year old car might have the occasional issue in that time. From what you've described, those issues have been minor to say the least. No blown engines. No being stranded somewhere. No expensive drivetrain issues. Reliability has been pretty damn good if all you can complain about is a window, door handle, and some minor NORMAL issues (especially on a car thats probably done quite a few kms).

Chillax mate.

Oh, and to answer your latest major issue with the worst car youve ever owned.....

Pop the door cover off, and check the bloody speaker!
See if there's any loose wires, check for voltage with a multimeter, and if all good check the speaker itself (if no obvious issues with wiring, this would be the next logical fault).
Very unlikely its a head unit issue if other speakers are working.
Go get a cheap pair of 6" speakers from Autobarn or whatever, and change it over.

Not the end of the world dude... the VE is the best car Holden have ever made, regardless of your issues with it.

P.S. Just a simple maths question for you. You've owned the car since new. 5 years = 365 x 5 = 1825 days. You said it seems like theres been an issue every day. You seem to be about 1821 issues short! jk :)

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
The door handle snapped of, clean in half and had to wind window down (before it busted that is) and open door from outside. The price of parts blows me out the water and my son isn't old enough to drive he is 5 don't know where you got that from . I've owned 3 r31 skylines still own two and there are more reliable in the sense of body parts or cosmetic. The problem I have with the ve and Holden for that matter is the throwing hands in the air attitude and not wanting anything to do with it. Stand by your product, and they wonder why sales dropped and had to shut shop. Because every one is buying Asian and European cars as they seem to get better value for money. You want to hear something that will make you laugh, my cousin traded in his ve Calais for a Hyundai ix35 hylaander and sayes better than his ve anyday and he is a commodore nut, he has had heaps of holdens and he thinks the ve is cheap crap, I know it's his opinion but sayes alot about someone who has Holden bed sheets and coffe mugs. I suppose your right I've gone overboard abit, but I maintain my car and look after it, it's just frustrating as iam unemployed and havnt got the money to fix these issues, in terms of what I've paid for it and the lack of driving it to minimise km's, (I drive a vt mostly) is extremly frustrating.

Last edited:

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Agree the VE is the greatest car ever made by Holden. The backup and support when it is needed from some dealers and even Holden at times can be disappointing, however.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
That's been the biggest let down for me. The customer service, even the parts department, IMO that parts department should be open 7 days, it's the least they can do if you spend over 40k on a car.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I got you now ;).

When you said "Just found out from my son that his speaker doesn't work in his door" I assumed your son told you about his door on his car, and not that he was 5 and the speaker near his seat doesnt work :).

But your latest post about customer service... now that I can agree on!
Holden have never been known for excellent customer service, especially their parts department- holy crap!

But you've kind of hit the nail on the head with the price point mate. $40k is "cheap and cheerful" when it comes to market segment... at least thats how the big boys have thought of it over the last 10-15 years. This is where the smaller Korean and Chinese car makers have made some real inroads. Cheap (or cheaper) product, but terrific pre-sale AND after- sale service.

Holden have built the VE to a price point. Yeah $40k is a lot of money, but in terms of market segment its certainly not the $160k or even $80k market (where customer service is so good its almost uncomfortable how far up you they go) :).

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That's been the biggest let down for me. The customer service, even the parts department, IMO that parts department should be open 7 days, it's the least they can do if you spend over 40k on a car.

Put the shoe on the other foot..Do you want to work 6 or 7 days a week? I worked 6 days a week for 20 bloody years...Gave me one day off to spend with my family and attend to any other thing that required my attention round the house...cost me a marriage....

Oh and forgot.....people like you would be complaining about parts costs going up, to cover the associated costs opening 7 days a week..... so think ahead before making complaints of this nature.

Service..Doesn't matter what brand of car you own....someone will always complain about the service they get from their dealership....all you can do, is look for another one that will satisfy your expectations....plenty to choose from

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Dude I worked 6 and a half days a week for over 12 years and how hard would it be to put on someone? You think Holden doesn't have the money? It's people who love them with a passion that lets them get away with things like this. Like to see how you would feel if you needed things on a Sunday since we're jumping to conclusions here. Ohh and out of those 6 and a half days,6 of them were 10+he shifts. So don't say I wouldn't like to work it as I had to. Plus iam sure if they wernt so tight, people would work it for the good money. Besides, I highly doubt it would be the same staff working those full 7 days if they so happened to do it. How hard is it to start someone on a Tuesday so they work the Saturday and Sunday. I know what it's like to work every day of the week and miss my kids sport events and birthday parties so your not alone there. If anything you should be more understanding over the matter since you can't get what you need on your only day of.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Dude I worked 6 and a half days a week for over 12 years and how hard would it be to put on someone? You think Holden doesn't have the money? It's people who love them with a passion that lets them get away with things like this. Like to see how you would feel if you needed things on a Sunday since we're jumping to conclusions here. Ohh and out of those 6 and a half days,6 of them were 10+he shifts. So don't say I wouldn't like to work it as I had to. Plus iam sure if they wernt so tight, people would work it for the good money. Besides, I highly doubt it would be the same staff working those full 7 days if they so happened to do it. How hard is it to start someone on a Tuesday so they work the Saturday and Sunday. I know what it's like to work every day of the week and miss my kids sport events and birthday parties so your not alone there. If anything you should be more understanding over the matter since you can't get what you need on your only day of.

So you missed the most important bit....Putting people on means putting prices up to cover the costs of opening the doors on those days ....Seeing as you are complaining about their prices already, I can imagine how much worse it'll get when they have to jump up even more. That's at award wages....pay them well above award wages and the costs will have to be passed onto the consumer... And yes, with my 20 years of Saturday work, it involved the running of a tyre store...so I am familiar with the costs involved in putting other staff on, to cover the extra days...(a spare parts interperator is on more per hour than a cruddy fitter)

Oh and getting what I need on my day off, if there is a problem with the car....Easy....I have 2 cars (6 actually)...If I knew of an issue prior to my day off, I got the misses to go get it for me....if it's a problem that pops up on my day off, there is another car there to use...So it's called pre-planning....goes a long way to maximising what little time you have free....

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
It's quite funny because I got a phone call today from Holden asking me if iam intrested on a sale with the new VF and how do I like the Ve. Well I told them the story of all the issues iam having with the car and how there service stinks and she is getting the Head of Holden of QLD to contact me as they also agree that a car that isn't even 5 yrs old that's has had the bearings go, rotors warp,door handle break,drivers window not working and now rear speaker not working rediculous on that age of car which has t even clocked 100k yet. I told them the story of how I would never buy a Holden again and how I've told all my friends about these issues and they said they'll do what ever it takes to solve my issues. That along with not being able to get the car services due to there service department being closed at the only time available to me after the salesman told me he would have someone stay back. Iam keen to see how this works out and if they solve these issues they claim that they will solve as the woman is getting QLD manager to contact me,might just be enough for me to restore faith in this once fine motor company. Ill defiantly let you all know.