Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rights at work protest today

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
What so your saying that people only rally cos they want a day off?

The idea of people leaving on working hours is to demostrate the point that without workers australia stops... hence the whole rights thing.

aZk.

yea i get what your saying, it was only a minority that protested so it didnt really show that australia stoped though,

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
i know, thats the annoying part, the real protests cause things to happen, this was dissapointing in that people were forced to work or they would loose there jobs anyway... i was going to go but got held up unfortantuly.

it shits me that the govermnet coind it a "flop" as in they think it was a major attack and they won.. it should be a rminder that maybe things need chnaging?

aZk.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Hail Comrades

*Secret Handshake*

"The order for today is voting to increase the payment for it being a building site by $1,000 an hour...then an extra $2000 for every metre we are above ground (scared of heights you know) and finally increasing the length of smoko from 1 hour to 6 hours"

"Motion Passed"

*Cue Barnsey*

PS "**** Howard"

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
If you want more money or can't afford to live, how can you afford to go on strike?

how can we afford not to?

be interesting to see how many people get sacked for fighting for their rights

thats how it should be though, if i owned my own business(which i am currently looking into) i'd sack anyone that took time off to protest.

i've seen people with that attitude fail in business
word soon gets around and they have trouble hiring & retaining quality employees

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
how can we afford not to?

be interesting to see how many people get sacked for fighting for their rights

i've seen people with that attitude fail in business
word soon gets around and they have trouble hiring & retaining quality employees

Thats a load of ****, you simply don't hire union twits to begin with. Every self employed person i know have great workers and look after them, because they work hard and they appreciate their job.

Yes because the IR laws ONLY! apply to "more money"

Good work in putting down the group of australians who want to stand up for their rights! yay! opression!

lets all follow the "shut the f##k up and work hard" rule, sink back into conformaity and never stand up and fight...... ummmmmm wtf?

.... the reason that aot of people didn't go is beacuse thir employers were goning to fire them under the new IR laws.

I applaud them for trying.

Well if that is why they didnt go, then good.

I hate how workers think they have all these exclusive rights, you are there to do a job, nothing else. Your employer isn't your friend and your best interests aren't their priority.

The new IR laws have created a super competitive environment which is what this country needed.

If someone is worried about losing their job, then obviously there is a reason for their worry. myself, i know i wont lose my job, i know i am a valuable asset to the company i am with. I know this because i work hard and achieve results. If people cannot feel the same about their own jobs, maybe it is time to assess why they are there or why they shouldn't find another job.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I help run our family buisness which employs 20 odd blokes.
Not one of them has been asked to sign anything as far as the IR agreements are concerned, they are happy with their wages and conditions.
You do the right thing by your workers which is supposedly what the unions are about but when you go near a union site to work with the proper cards(red card ect.) the bastards still haggle you to death about joining.
They are a waste of time and money imo, i would NEVER join a union, my brother joined 15 years ago and has seen a union rep once in that time, 2 weeks after he joined.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
The new IR laws have created a super competitive environment which is what this country needed.
Well... you're right, but wrong. These new laws also mean you no longer need to be given a valid work-related reason (ie poor performance) for termination
If someone is worried about losing their job, then obviously there is a reason for their worry. myself, i know i wont lose my job, i know i am a valuable asset to the company i am with. I know this because i work hard and achieve results. If people cannot feel the same about their own jobs, maybe it is time to assess why they are there or why they shouldn't find another job.
What about people like me? In my team I'm the second best worker out of 5, I worry about my job ever single day because the boss can actually fire me because we don't get along.
I don't see employment as being put out, until you're working 6.5 days a week, and being paid for 5 (and underpaid at that). This is the bit where you'll say "you get paid for performance" but really, you spend a week working in the same conditions as me and you'll start bellowing like the people you constantly put down on this forum. Some people (like myself) are just in a **** situation, and are genuinely trying to make things better for themselves and their families

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
The turn-out was one fifth of what was predicted nation wide.If it has affected people negatively,the turn-out would have been closer to or exeeding the mark.It's egg on Beasley's face.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I have had the great misfortune of dealing with the CFMEU and the AWU on a number of occasions as I work in the mining industry.

The manipulation, stand over tactics and intimidation that I have experienced is enough to put me off every union in existence. Just the word 'union' makes me think of fat useless pricks scheming on how to screw the employer, whilst running the ALP at the same time. Makes me want to spew.

And why was there such furious opposition to these IR laws by the unions???

It is a numbers game, simple as that!

The unions can see that heaps of people are going to rush to AWA's simply to get out of a union.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well... you're right, but wrong. These new laws also mean you no longer need to be given a valid work-related reason (ie poor performance) for termination
What about people like me? In my team I'm the second best worker out of 5, I worry about my job ever single day because the boss can actually fire me because we don't get along.
I don't see employment as being put out, until you're working 6.5 days a week, and being paid for 5 (and underpaid at that). This is the bit where you'll say "you get paid for performance" but really, you spend a week working in the same conditions as me and you'll start bellowing like the people you constantly put down on this forum. Some people (like myself) are just in a **** situation, and are genuinely trying to make things better for themselves and their families

lol why do employers need a valid reason to remove you from THEIR business? They don't plain and simple. You are their to earn money, they are there to make money, if you no longer are needed int heir scheme then they should be able to get rid of you for whatever reason they want.

Why would i want to do your job? i educated myself, made good life decisions, worked hard and got myself where i am now, to further that i am off to uni again next year. I don't see why i need to be worried about other people. i am not putting anyone down here, simply saying if you don't like your job or think the pay is ****, educate yourself and get a better one. It isn't a hard situation bud.