Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rights at work protest today

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Is it just me or would anyone else like to know exactly where they stand with these changes without the union & govt propaganda?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
then you wont get shafted by the IR laws for 5 years

i bet your in middle management where you get to treat the workers like **** while sucking up to the CEO's.

BTW i'm a subcontractor so these laws don't really affect me

but i support all in the workforce affected by these scumbag laws

I don't treat any of my workers like ****, i treat them the exact same way as i would like to be treated. If they require to leave an hour early all i ask is they make it up another day, i don't keep tabs on them, providing their kpi's and work are at an acceptable standard i have no need to act any differently. As for CEO's, i only deal with our CSO, the CEO's are a bunch of tools.
i also find that my approach is pretty much the standard across our division of the company between managers.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
am i correct in saying you are middle management?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
greengopher, for the record, my aim is to make my job and others i have working with me redundant over the next 5 years by implementing better management processes to reduce required workforce positions. After 2 years i plan having half the staff i do now, after 4 years it will be halved again. This is the strategy people need to take, work to take yourself out of a job, you will be amazed at the job opportunities that can come along because of this belief

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
am i correct in saying you are middle management?

Wouldn't say middle, not sure where it would fit really, but i am a national manager.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
greengopher, for the record, my aim is to make my job and others i have working with me redundant over the next 5 years by implementing better management processes to reduce required workforce positions. After 2 years i plan having half the staff i do now, after 4 years it will be halved again. This is the strategy people need to take, work to take yourself out of a job, you will be amazed at the job opportunities that can come along because of this belief

now your support for these "workplace reforms" is starting to make sense

now they've come in you've got yourself a real cushy job now haven't you?:p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
now your support for these "workplace reforms" is starting to make sense

now they've come in you've got yourself a real cushy job now haven't you?:p
define cushy? most weeks i am not at home, i am in a motel somewhere at night. Last week i flew from avalon to sydney, that same night i flew to brisbane, spent a day there then flew back to avalon. I work very hard, some days i do 13-14 hours, without working hard i couldn't make myself redundant. My support for these reforms has nothing to do with my position. I see first hand how hard it is for employers to get rid of non trainable personnel, people who are plain lazy or people who do not mesh into the workforce.

For me the greatest satisfaction will be going to my outside adviser and saying, well i have got all the processes i need in place to make this job 1 person per state without any overseer. When that happens, i will find myself another place to go with some excellent credentials behind me and start again.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
For me the greatest satisfaction will be going to my outside adviser and saying, well i have got all the processes i need in place to make this job 1 person per state without any overseer. When that happens, i will find myself another place to go with some excellent credentials behind me and start again.

so your greatest satisfaction in life is to put people out of work?

and if you are so great at your job why would you need an outside adviser?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
so your greatest satisfaction in life is to put people out of work?

and if you are so great at your job why would you need an outside adviser?

Show me one large company who doesn't use outside business managers?

These people are put in place simply because it is cheaper to hire their services then hire them internally.

My satisfaction has nothing to do with putting people out of work, it has to do with minimising what a company needs to spend, if that means people lose their job then so be it, that is something i cannot help. In an era of streamlining business for maximum profit this is destined to happen.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
My satisfaction has nothing to do with putting people out of work, it has to do with minimising what a company needs to spend, if that means people lose their job then so be it, that is something i cannot help. In an era of streamlining business for maximum profit this is destined to happen.

what a dressed up way to say i'm going to get as many people sacked as possible