Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim fitment

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
I'm looking to fit bigger rims to my VH commodore sedan.

Will a set of 19x9.5 or 19x8.5 fit with factory spec suspension? If not, what problems am I looking at and how can I get around them?

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
19 x 9.5 might be pushing it personally it sits up way to high if not lowered ...but also here is the thing I have 18 cheeters on my car now....I have lowered coils and shocks, adjustable pan rod and larger stabilizer bars... when I had 15" std SLE Rims the car had a super low stance which was perfect for me...however I swapped to 16'" rims on the car which also sat low to the ground ...with both rim sizes handling was great then I swapped to a 17" rim because I wanted the stroke of the 5 spoke rim to look bigger which on a spoke rim looks better, the car sat slightly higher but stance was still good handling was also still good .. now with the 18"s on the car it sits much higher however speed humps are no issue but handling I find on corners a little less responsive...just remember 19"s on your car it will make it sit higher especially on a non lowered car...and I can guarantee you will need to roll the guards...personally I would not go higher than 17s on the old girls but its choice but I want to sell my Speedy 18" nice rim but I want the stance to look lower....and I want to go back to a chrome 5 spoke ( personal taste again)

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
Yes, I have rolled the guards.

I am looking to lower it also but I'm considering clearances at the moment. I want to fit these wheels then see how low I can go.

Since its only a 202 I'm not looking for a high performance ultra cornering vehicle.. I'm more after looks for now.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
bolt them on, drop its guts and it will look sick!!

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
19 x 8.5 5H BLANK PCD from 100 to 120 OFFSET from 15 to 45 is the specs on the rims.

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
guys you can lower it as much as you want this will drop the body down over the Tyre but the height will go up from ground clearance and probably more than standard remember even on a SLE your RUNNING 15`s going to 19'' its lifting the car up...btw watch out for the boys in blue but go for it ...its personal choice

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
camerapictures315.jpg

camerapictures317.jpg

not sure if you can see the difference the chrome are 17s the speedys are 18s it sits up slightly higher