Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim Legality's in QLD on 96 VS

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Gday guys.

Just wondering what is the largest rim size i could go on my 96 VS sedan in QLD? Ive been told by my friend that 18" is as high as it can go as he was done for having 19's on his a few years back, however its perfectly legal to have them on the same year and model ute. Id post my placard readings but it seems the "bright" previous owner has removed it.

Im assuming it would be the same reading as a VR? As my 94 VR's placard has 205/65 R15

Just that there are a few people here running around with 20s on their VR's =/

Twisted

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6
The QLD Transport pamphlet states:

"The rim diameter may be varied from the standard size but the overall diameter of the tyre must not vary by more than +15mm or -26mm."

"Generally, to meet these limits, 60 series tyres are fitted to rims with a diameter increase of 26 mm larger than standard and 50 series tyres are fitted to rims with a diameter increase 50mm larger than standard."

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
This is your guide - from Transport QLD.
You must comply with all tyre load, wheel/tyre width and tyre diameter limitations.
(When in doubt the "base" to work from is the tyre and wheel fitted to your particular car as original equipment when new). Additionally, the absolute minimum tyre load limit for the vehicle is stated on the tyre placard.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/c...8b20842f/pdf_modification_motor_vehicles2.pdf

(And yes you see quite a few illegal tyre fitments on Pre VE Commodores - usually tyres that exceed the maximum diameter limitations).

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
qld transport are pretty tight...wow makes rta in melb look good
The QLD Transport pamphlet states:

"The rim diameter may be varied from the standard size but the overall diameter of the tyre must not vary by more than +15mm or -26mm."

"Generally, to meet these limits, 60 series tyres are fitted to rims with a diameter increase of 26 mm larger than standard and 50 series tyres are fitted to rims with a diameter increase 50mm larger than standard."

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
so is the rta in melb.....not as bad as QLD on some issues and prob worse on others
I find qld regs very reasonable... All of it is common sense not stupid rules that don't make sense...

All of it is common sense not stupid rules that don't make sense) WHO IS DISAGREEING? (not me)