Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Djajus123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hi everyone, would just like to know if Power Pack VL Berlinas came with alloy rims or chases with hubcaps on them?

Thanks!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Whoops. Clicked on this expecting something else.
I’ll see myself out.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Never seen chasers.....So they're out.....Have seen alloys, 14" steel rims and hubcaps and 15" steel rims but don't recall VL's having 15" rims with hubcaps fitted from factory.....Could be wrong with that.

The most common rim fitted to VL's were 14" steel rims with hubcaps, so run with those....

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
VL turbo's say SL, Executive or Berlina had 15" steel wheels and hup caps.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My VL wagon only had 14" steelies with hub caps.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
but don't recall VL's having 15" rims with hubcaps fitted from factory.....Could be wrong with that.
Turbo models had bigger brakes, hence the 15" rim though the overall rolling diameter with tyres was practically the same as 14"rim/tyres

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Turbo models had bigger brakes, hence the 15" rim though the overall rolling diameter with tyres was practically the same as 14"rim/tyres

Obviously you didn't read my answer properly, did you....I did say something about hubcaps...Have another look, especially considering you did quote me

And yes, having the correct tyres for the 14" rims and 15" rims result in the same rolling radius

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Obviously you didn't read my answer properly, did you....I did say something about hubcaps...Have another look, especially considering you did quote me

And yes, having the correct tyres for the 14" rims and 15" rims result in the same rolling radius

Yep read it quite clearly/properly the 1st time, I dont use glasses unlike yourself. Thats the full post #3 of yours I replied to below.
Never seen chasers.....So they're out.....Have seen alloys, 14" steel rims and hubcaps and 15" steel rims but don't recall VL's having 15" rims with hubcaps fitted from factory.....Could be wrong with that.
The most common rim fitted to VL's were 14" steel rims with hubcaps, so run with those....
Yes you mention the word hubcaps for 14” rims but .. had not seen or recall 15” rims with hubcaps and you could be wrong with that....... Is what you said... “Could be wrong” statements are open ended questions really, basically inviting a reply if someone has the correct info, so.....
Well you would be wrong as the VLT Berlina had factory 15”rims with specific turbo hubcaps and I posted to you the reason was that they run bigger front brakes with the turbo just like the OP’s Berlina.

Also you advised the OP to run with 14” steel rims with hubcaps, as they are the common ones used
Have you ever put 14” rims on the larger disc front end of a VL Berlina Turbo model probably not.

The brake info is well documented and useful for the OP question