Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pappalang

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this has been brought up b4, but I can't find it in the records. I've got a VN Calais which in about a week is getting dropped with king super lows and Monroe gt's. I'm also online shopping for wheels to suit the freshly dropped Calais. Question is: the mags I'm looking at are 18x8 with a 45p offset, tyres 235x 40x 18, will this fit?, I've been looking for conclusive info but cant find it, coz it will most likely be an online purchase I don't want to cock up on clearance. I do know I will have to roll/ press guards. Any help much appreciated, cheers.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Those should fit no worries. Those rims are the same size as the VX R8 clubsport rims I have on the VS.

You will need an adjustable panhard rod to centre the diff once it's dropped on the lower springs or it will scrub badly on the drivers side.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
18" x 8" rims with that offset and 235/40-18 tyres should fit straight on.
As immortality said, get yourself an adjustable panhard rod to centre the diff correctly

munter000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Please tell me more about that panhard rod. I am wanting to move to 18inch rims on my VZ wagon from my current 17's so is the rod an essential item? TIA

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Please tell me more about that panhard rod. I am wanting to move to 18inch rims on my VZ wagon from my current 17's so is the rod an essential item? TIA

The panhard rod is only for the older models with the semi-trailing rear suspension setup. You have IRS so no issues for you :)

pappalang

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry to be a pain, I'm torn between two types of wheels for my ride, one's a 45p offset and the other is a 42p offset......will that 3mm less in offset change anything dramatically? Will inside clearance still be ok? Thanks again guys.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's neither here nor there really.

The 42p wheels will seem like they fill the guards better because the wheels will stick out just a touch further.