Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim to guard Measurement for suspension

cwbyup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Hi There,

I have a VS Commodore V6 5 speed manual live axle rear.

I am having trouble working out if the car has been lowered on not.

Does anyone have the measurement from the top of the rim to the bottom of the guard front and back on 15" rims with standard suspension ?

If not if you have had new suspension fitted recently can you tell me this measurement and what size rims and how low you went ? I should be able to work it out from there.

Thanks very much for the help, most of the suspension places I have rung have been less than help full.

Cheers Nick

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Front end of a VS is ~85mm top of wheel to guard. It's a wagon so the rear is different.

One thing to keep in mind is that is the suspension is getting on and is standard. Things like the strut top, suspension bushes and the spring it's self will wear an lower a car dramatically over time. On my old VL way back when I replaced all the worn suspension bushes and threw in a set of springs for good measure because I was sick of driving a car with the handling of a water bed. And although everything was stock standard when I started, it sat at least 2" higher all round just replacing old bushes and shagged springs. It drove 1million times better but looked like a high horse. :)

Last edited:

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
with 15" wheels measuring from the bottom of the rim to the guard std height is aprox frt 605mm rr 600mm.