Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rims + Tyres Sv6 2010 Holden Commodore VE

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
No still can't work out why but did look up the fully sick staynce trend. I spose the track and my superbikes have made me a little more serious about tyre design

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
No still can't work out why but did look up the fully sick staynce trend. I spose the track and my superbikes have made me a little more serious about tyre design

Ok I didnt know if you were serious or having a go.

They are slightly smaller and that why they look that way. I've choosen to go 30mm narrower then the rim so 245 on a 9.5 rim. The side walls are abit stiffer but when it's this minor it doesn't really affect anything unless you like to hit kerbs. It's not like I'm running a 215 on a 10.5 like the stance guys. If you want a lol YouTube the smart car tyre on a 10.5 rim! That's just stupid!!

I don't see the point in trying to fit some big bubble tyre like a 295 the a 9.5 especially on the front.

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Just to confirm, the red G8 pictured is sitting on 10.5" +27 CV3's.
It required alot of camber to get it to sit right, unfortunately the car was written off soon after.

0d18054ed6d75ee7f0c522f2e054bc82_zpsd045a043.jpg

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6

I guess you believe in function over form Phil....and I agree with you. I can see a lot of expensive rim being damaged when something penetrates the exposed sidewall.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Hmmm after knowing that's 10.5 all round I don't know if I like the front, though it is very very aggressive. I might just stick to 10.5 rear and 9 front with a slight tyre stretch.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Yeah I am old school and had not seen this look up close, spun me out but each to their own I guess. As long as they work and can run at normal preasures. Will get expensive if they don't. Function is important to us 2 wheel addicts as rear tyres cost $350 and can last 5-6 track days. But a wrong suspension or preasure setting can destroy a tyre in 2-3 20min sessions.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Yeah I am old school and had not seen this look up close, spun me out but each to their own I guess. As long as they work and can run at normal preasures. Will get expensive if they don't. Function is important to us 2 wheel addicts as rear tyres cost $350 and can last 5-6 track days. But a wrong suspension or preasure setting can destroy a tyre in 2-3 20min sessions.

Thats fair enough mate, when I first saw it about a year ago it blew my mind. I noticed the drifters run a fair bit of strech n camber. The VIP cars or stance cars run lots of tyre strech and wheel poke to get the look there after and are very extreme!! Personally I'm trying to get a mild version for my car that's still very streetable.

I understand what your saying about the 2 wheeled machines and function. These all hold tyre pressure and usall just get really bad camber wear on the tyres. And yes definitely not everyone's cup of tea