Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RIP Chuck Berry

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Just seen the article on the news , sad loss , to real king of rock , Sorry I am a Elvis Presley man but Chuck Berry was the first pukka rock and roll pioneer .

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The Beatles and Stones (and Angus) would not have been, if he wasn't around to set the pace and standard..

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I remember buying a copy of " Chuck Berry the London Sessions " on vinyl in the early 1970s and having a couple of goes trying to copy it onto cassette so i could play it in my car. I still have the vinyl copy . RIP Chuck

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The thing with musicians is that there were so many "pioneers", the ones that got credit are the ones that either got airplay first or had better managers.

There are plenty of singers out there that can sing a hell of a lot better than the current popular ones, it just depends on who has better publicists and managers. Most have their songs written for them anyway so it's not really about the song itself.

Anyway, yes, RIP Chuck Berry, he was indeed a legend.