Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RIP Major Richard "Dick" Winters

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
On Jan 2 2011 Major Richard "Dick" winters (ret.) passed on aged 92

For those of you Familiar with the TV Series Band of Brothers you will be familiar with the Heroic actions performed by Maj. Winters and the men of Easy Company 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division During the D Day landing and subsequent actions through to the end of operations in the European Threatre of War.

Rest in Peace.

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I love that the tactics he himself employed, after coming up with them on the battlefield in the middle of one of the fights he was in during WWII, is still used as a training scenario at West Point to this day!

Might start re-watching (for about the 5th time) BoB tonight.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"
Great series, one of my favorites ;)

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Thanks for the dig though don't know how i missed it. The last interview of BOB where he says he wasn,t a hero is just awesome. RIP , you have earned it .

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Yeah thread digs are after a few years not hours.
May an amzing man be remembered. the words "the real heroes are the boys who never came home" always bring a tear to my eye.
What those men went through would break many young men these days. i hold great respect for them.
RIP Major Winters.

T

tommySV6Ute

Respect for fallen Aussies before Americans that have been pumped up for tv & history according the the USA.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Respect for fallen Aussies before Americans that have been pumped up for tv & history according the the USA.

Unbelieveable, by demeaning the death of American solders who faught in WW2, you demean the death of any solder who served for the allies. Winters was a true hero, just seeing all the interviews in BOB confirms that and the respect they had for him, that is not a beatup nor is it manufactered.

T

tommySV6Ute

Maybe read it a little slower mate, and keep your emotion out of it when you have no idea. Why bandwagon this yank death before recognising our own?