Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ripshift and reverse...

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Hi all,

So I've had a Ripshift in my Monaro for a few years now and getting it into reverse has always been a pain. I takes more effort than it should and is always notchy, there are times where I really have to force it or even try a 2nd time. Are they meant to be like this or is there an issue with my install?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Had 3 ripshift cars and reverse fine before after, mate had a STD t56 that's was a bit hard to get reverse and would pop out of reverse std from factory(04 cv8)

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Never had any issues selecting reverse with mine
Only install issue would be not setting the stop bolt gaps correctly
Wouldn't hurt to check the bolts securing the shifter to the gearbox haven't come loose

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Never had any issues selecting reverse with mine
Only install issue would be not setting the stop bolt gaps correctly
Wouldn't hurt to check the bolts securing the shifter to the gearbox haven't come loose

Was going to check the bolts but found out I need to undo the rubber surround from underneath the car... I'll give it proper look tomorrow.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Any update on this I have a cheap ebay knock off rip shifter and its acting up particularly in reverse. Going to be doing the a complete ground up audio install so was planning on checking it out when I pull apart the dash and rip the seats out.