Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Road Safety Act - Impound Laws (VIC)

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Okay after a bit more hunting, I've found the ammendment to the road safety act which covers vehicle impoundment, this can be found here:

http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au/Domino/Web_Notes/LDMS/PubStatbook.nsf/f932b66241ecf1b7ca256e92000e23be/C3D7161A6033903CCA2570C8001CCCEA/$FILE/05-093a.pdf

and a bit less formal fact sheet can be found here:

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/CA256...nt&1=0-Hoon+Driving~&2=0-Hoon+Driving+FAQs~&3

B

BoostinJet

yeah i heard all about this is on the news.. an i've read something similar to this its all bullshit

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
Yeah, look out P platers. Oh, i just got off mine.. lol :thumbsup: But you have to say there are people ou there that should not have a car or a license??

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I dont know what the fuss is about. They sound like a good idea to me.
If you are caught doing 45kmh over the posted limit you deserve to lose your car for a few days & a bit more. Same if you are caught continually driving like a tool on the roads.
Remember that the police will no longer need to be involved in a high speed chase to catch an offender under these laws. They can just take the rego number & come around a few days later & take the car in a controlled environment.
IMO it is a positive step to make the roads safer.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I agree they are a great idea, any one who puts other people at risk with illegal street racing, burnouts,etc deserves to be taken off the roads.

I'm not bashing 'P' platers here either, in my opinion anyone who does stupid things on the road doesn't deserve the privelege of driving on the road...

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i agree if cops used it correctly that it is a good idea but i feel it places to much arbitrary power in the hands of cops who can use it to punish drivers who were a bit rude to them, etc.

cops are only human and like any other power there needs to be checks and balances. there aren't enough here.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Its not like the cop impounds your car & thats it though. Every time that the act is invoked it has to go through his superior officer. You will have plenty of time to prevent the car from being impounded for a trivial offence or a cop with a dislike for you.
At the end of the day, if you want to race join a race track. If you want to do burnouts, enter a comp. There is no excuse for being a tool on the road.