Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Road trip! (Newcastle-Adelaide-Toowoomba-Newcastle)

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Guess Toowoomba seems a lot more exciting when you don't live here.

I lived there for a few years, a few years too many. I agree it's nice to visit but not so much to live. How's the local indigenous population? I think i managed to piss off most of them. NO I DONT HAVE A SPARE CIGARETTE BRUDDA!

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
I lived there for a few years, a few years too many. I agree it's nice to visit but not so much to live. How's the local indigenous population? I think i managed to piss off most of them. NO I DONT HAVE A SPARE CIGARETTE BRUDDA!

Yeah they are still here... always will be I guess

One thing to note about Toowoomba is that it has a reputation of being a Panel Beaters Paradise, so watch your step when driving here... :hmmm:

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Bathurst?

West Wyalong to Bathurst is an OK road. Why not. I went to Bathurst last year, and could not resist a couple of laps. The TV gives no real indication of the slopes up and down.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i was in toowoomba today
seemed like there was a red light camera at just about every intersection and there is also a fixed camera going up the range

for a place that is supposed to be in serious drought and have no water it was awfully green.

don't know what is good about the place as i have always just been passing through and have never actually stopped there

zvagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 9C1
Ok, so am now thinking that the route to Adelaide via Bathurst/Parks is a goer.

Anyone with suggestions for Adelaide - Broken Hill? Is heading north to Burra, or east to Mildura the way to go?

Sounds like Toowoomba could be an interesting stop... thankfully it is just for a wedding, not a holiday as such :)